Would you rather..

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
shake-my-head-snoop-dogg.gif

I swear I cant even anymore with some of you...

Also the answer to the first one is Kap and its not even close.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Emotions and nostaglia aside and purely based on on-ice potential over the term of the contract (not only next year):

Would you rather:

Malkin - 3 years x 7.1M

Kadri - 5 years at the exact same AAV

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Emotions and nostaglia aside and purely based on on-ice potential over the term of the contract (not only next year):

Would you rather:

Malkin - 3 years x 7.1M

Ooophf. Geno? Not sure I want Kadri to 36/37 at that AAV. Hes usually good for a suspension at the worst possible time. Also dont see his body holding up based on how he plays.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Would you rather:

Malkin - 3 years x 7.1M

Geno…Kadri had one great season in his contract year coincidentally and will not be worth $7 mil going forward….

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It's an interesting and much more difficult decision to make than people think IMO, including for me. For one year, I'll take Geno. But I'm more concerned about Geno being able to remain healthy and productive in years 2 and 3 of that deal.

I don't believe it's a mirage what guys like Kadri, JT Miller, Kreider, and Stamkos are doing now -- all having career years at their ages. The advancements in sports science, nutrition, training, etc., these things are real, and the prolongation of peak performance is a real thing.

If I was a GM, I wouldn't give 6-7 years to Kadri (unless it brough the AAY SUBSTANTIALLY down) but I'd have no problem with 5. LIke Rust, he should be able to maintain peak performance for at least the 3 year window we're working with based on Sid's contract.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I know Geno's probably good for missing 15-games or so over a year for dumb nagging things. But Rust is the one I'm actually worried about falling apart in the next season or two. :laugh:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Just to add a little more context to the Malkin vs Kadri question, Burke drafted Kadri and knows this player well. So if he believed it was the better fit, he’d have a lot of insight into that decision.

Just throwing that out there :)

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Kap because ultimately he will have some trade value. A draft pick or whatever. Especially at that salary.

For Simon?? Nada!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad