Would you rather..

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
2022-2023:

Simon @ 1M
or
Kappy @ 1.5M

Simon going to play with Sid because Sid is a narcissist. He will pull Sid's stats down and frustrate you every single night. Give occasional dangles to make Errey talk about how he can handle in a phone booth, then take a stupid slashing penalty at the most obscure time off a face off.

Kappy will float, then play hard, then float - and play up and down the lineup in rolls that make no sense for him.

Choose your fate, and post another...

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Kappy at $1.5mil is the stupidly obvious answer. No question.

For point production yes. But Simon is the better defender without question - if/when he plays on the 4th line he actually helps.

Anyway - the point is to keep it going. What do you got

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
For point production yes. But Simon is the better defender without question - if/when he plays on the 4th line he actually helps.

Would you rather have

Kapanen at $3mi
Kubalik at $3mil
Gurianov at $3mil

All guys with similar histories in similar situations.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Would you rather have

Kapanen at $3mi
Kubalik at $3mil
Gurianov at $3mil

all I can say is definitely not Kap…between the other two guys and I haven’t watched either of them much this past season so I can’t say who projects better in our system moving forward…

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
IDK how this is even a question. Kapanen at 1.5

I'd prefer to sign random free agents or pull kids up from AHL than play Simon in this lineup.

Reactions: Andy99

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Well, Simon is the only choice...bc Kap can go to arbitration and garner more than 1.5M.

Our only option is to trade Kap. And we know our team enjoy Simon. So...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
simon-says-look.jpg

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Would you rather have

Kapanen at $3mi
Kubalik at $3mil
Gurianov at $3mil

Gurianov would be the most intriguing here. Really liked his game in the 2020 playoffs. He’s 6’3” 200+ pounds while Kappy is Kappy and Kubalik is built like Pettersson.

Would we rather have Quenneville, Trotz or Torts to finish the Crosby era?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Why is Simon even being mentioned? It’s like you guys want crappy players here.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Kapanen at least has a chance -- even if it's 5% -- to be a 15-20G guy. Simon has a 0% chance of hitting even 12 goals.

We don't need another 4th liner who doesn't score. We need to have guys in our bottom 6 who can contribute offense.

And we already have Zohorna and DOC who are going to step in on cheap deals, both of whom have a 100% of outscoring Simon over the course of a season.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
2022-2023:

Simon @ 1M
or
Kappy @ 1.5M

Simon going to play with Sid because Sid is a narcissist. He will pull Sid's stats down and frustrate you every single night. Give occasional dangles to make Errey talk about how he can handle in a phone booth, then take a stupid slashing penalty at the most obscure time off a face off.

Kappy will float, then play hard, then float - and play up and down the lineup in rolls that make no sense for him.

Choose your fate, and post another...
I would love to have Kap back with a new coach. If they keep Kap with their current coach, it's doomed for failure.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Would you rather have to compete against a 7 year old during a playoff game intermission where you have one opportunity to score a goal in a small cutout from center ice AND the small child beats you.

OR

Have to block one slapshot from Shea Weber and you have to keep trying until you block 1 shot. There is a chance that it hits you in the shin guard and causes mild discomfort but it can also hit you on the foot or somewhere more painful

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Would you rather have to compete against a 7 year old during a playoff game intermission where you have one opportunity to score a goal in a small cutout from center ice AND the small child beats you.

OR

Have to block one slapshot from Shea Weber and you have to keep trying until you block 1 shot. There is a chance that it hits you in the shin guard and causes mild discomfort but it can also hit you on the foot or somewhere more painful

Beaten by the child. Can always point to the booze.

Not enough booze even in my house to numb the pain from a Weber slapper.

Surprised at how many people took that post literally versus playing the damn game lol

• Haha
Reactions: dogthateats

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Diet of arena nachos and diet coke for a month

or

Arena hot dogs and water for 2 months

That's every meal throughout each day.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Diet of arena nachos and diet coke for a month

or

Arena hot dogs and water for 2 months

That's every meal throughout each day.
I would go with the nachos and diet coke even though I would probably develop some crazy health conditions.

Would you rather have
Maatta back for one season and he has to play all year
Or
Sprong back for 1 Season in a top 6 role all year

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I would go with the nachos and diet coke even though I would probably develop some crazy health conditions.

Would you rather have
Maatta back for one season and he has to play all year
Or
Sprong back for 1 Season in a top 6 role all year

Maatta. Maybe in some weird way he forces us to slow the F down and play like we're icing a mid 30's core down the middle instead of acting like we're Colorado or Detroit.

Would you rather have

Mike Johnston in 2022-2023

or

Eddie Olczyk

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Maatta. Maybe in some weird way he forces us to slow the F down and play like we're icing a mid 30's core down the middle instead of acting like we're Colorado or Detroit.

Would you rather have

Mike Johnston in 2022-2023

or

Eddie Olczyk

Olczyk. As much as he sucks, there's no way he hasn't learned even ONE thing in 15 years since he was behind the bench.

p.s. I'd quit watching the Pens if he was the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad