Would you rather: WC2 vs. Metro 3

WC2 or Metro 3

• Total voters

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd rather face Florida. This team can't beat teams who either play stingy defense or have red hot goalies. Florida's got neither.

So while they can score better than anyone in the league, I still like our chances against a run and gun team versus one that's got a goalie we can't score a single goal on.

Plus, if we are going to lose, I'd rather see Horny's team move on than see the Rangers move on.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Don't think it matters. Whichever situation results in GCR finally showing up in the playoffs after 3+ years absence since Sully can't break up his golden calf, while simultaneously putting Jarry in the best position to not crumble.

Have to outscore the likes of Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, and Fox while trying to consistently solve the best goalie in the world with this miserable cast of finishers? Awesome. Sounds like a blast.

Try to outscore the team miles above everyone in terms of goals scored and goal differential? Adventure awaits, huzzah.

I will say that I think Florida would absolutely wipe the floor with the Penguins, even if I think Bob's sort of a fraud in net. They'd physically manhandle the Penguins as well, so that'd also be fun. The Rangers aren't very good, but they have some absolutely unreal talent in key positions.

I'd rather watch the Panthers beat the Penguins than the Rangers though, so there's that I suppose.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I keep reading how "not very good" the Rangers are. Comical. They're bigger than us, faster than us, tougher than us, younger than us, and somehow have won the goalie lottery again with favorite for the Vezina between the posts, probably the second best G in the league any contending team would want after Vasi. I remember thinking Marino and Fox were reasonably close in potential two years ago. I am a f***ing idiot.

Rags were ahead of the Penguins in the Metro for a good chunk of this season and are so again. I'm pretty sure the last three years have disabused any notions our "playoff experience" will pay dividends.

Give me the f***ing Panthers. Pens seem to perform better as a underdog, and this is nothing new. Plus, the Panthers are fun to watch and their fans aren't obnoxious or even numerous. And they're beatable, like everyone. I witnessed my #2 boys Kraken pound a healthy Panther squad here in January , so there's my anecdotal for this post.

We sneak a win in Sunrise in one of the first two games, in front of at least 5,000 Penguin fans, I assure you, and they may start feeling like TB did against CBJ. Weirder things have happened. f*** playing the Rangers. It is obvious how that would play out.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Doesn’t matter. The Penguins are always their own toughest opponent.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
WC2- maybe Bob implodes.
I don't know. Round 1 exit and maybe Sully is finally fired.

You make it past the first round and get murdered in the second, maybe Sully stays longer and better coaches aren't an option the following summer, at which point you'd need to blow this team up.

Honestly I'm at a point where if we lose in the first round, lol if, I just hope they're 1-2 goal losses so Jarry isn't the scapegoat for a bunch of dipshit wankers here.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
If they lose to Florida at least there won't be any of the damn rats being thrown onto the ice this time.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
If they lose to Florida at least there won't be any of the damn rats being thrown onto the ice this time.
That is for sure. Sunrise ain't Miami. And FLA Live arena, prev. National Car Rental Center/Office Depot/BankAtlantic Center/BB&T Center, certainly ain't Miami Arena, which was an awesome shithole, much like the Civic Arena.

Reactions: TNT87

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would rather they had a chance at home ice should any of the top teams get overtaken by a wildcard team.

3rd in the division.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
To be fair - ceteris paribus

We don't look like we will do well against any playoff team. I can't imagine the team i've seen in the last 10 days would be able to beat any team in the best of seven. But we know the playoffs are unique and different.
They’ve been sick, I don’t think the team the last 7 days is representative of how we’ll look. Everybody is ignoring they’ve had a nasty flu bug. I’d rather play FLA though, Bob sucks under pressure and I dislike the Rangers

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
We haven't been good against Rangers this season but as we have seen before, it usually doesn't matter when it comes to playoffs. Other thing that usually doesn't matter in playoffs but favors Rangers as an opponent is that Panthers is the best home team in the league. Panthers against our d would be s**tshow. Rangers have been hot against easy schedule just as we were earlier but they're not as good, fast and physical as Panthers are. They have more reliable goalie but that's it.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't know. Round 1 exit and maybe Sully is finally fired.

You make it past the first round and get murdered in the second, maybe Sully stays longer and better coaches aren't an option the following summer, at which point you'd need to blow this team up.

Honestly I'm at a point where if we lose in the first round, lol if, I just hope they're 1-2 goal losses so Jarry isn't the scapegoat for a bunch of dipshit wankers here.

I'd like to win just 1 playoff round this past half decade.
I guess my expectations are "just too high" according to some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad