Speculation: Would you give Duchene 8M x 7 years in free agency?

Would you sign Duchene to a 7 year deal with an AAV of 8M?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Uhhh why do the Habs need a centre? Got a 71 point one. Got the one that wins faceoffs and provides 50 points and got an 18 year old future top centre.

Plus they have a 22 year old centre in Laval that was their 2nd leading scorer in his first season. They have a 20 year old that’s going to be in Laval that just scored a hattrick in his first pro game. They got a kid dominating the OHL playoffs that’s going to turn pro next season.

Please show me the need for a centre.

Not to take anything away from Poehling, but that game against the Leafs was a nothing game. The Leafs had clinched and they didn't feature their best lineup. By all means, there are other ways to qualify Poehling.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Forget about Duchene in Montreal .
His wife will never want to come live here.

Her name his Ashley Grossaint
Now everybody who speaks french just understand why
That name will destroy our chances for sure.
How can we not make jokes about it?

Big Saint. :sarcasm:

Won't work with the way Quebec society has ditched religion and religious figures.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lol no

Grossaint or Gros seins (Big breast)

I knew that, hence my emoji. Can't believe you answered with that. :laugh:

Some names just produce an unflatering phonetic meaning, like Marianne St-Gelais.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If we do somehow get him, these numbers are probably not far off or dead on

personally i'd like 5 years only

It's probably a pipe dream. In an open market, the player is bound to get the term he wants. We'd be out of it with only a 5-year term -- given how already the Habs are not a destination team, they'd have to overpay.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
It's probably a pipe dream. In an open market, the player is bound to get the term he wants. We'd be out of it with only a 5-year term -- given how already the Habs are not a destination team, they'd have to overpay.

Well thats the beauty of FA and the beauty of the whole debate on Duchene

we want him at 5, we dont NEED him for 7.. ultimately, we might miss out on him if they dont commit to 7 year term, but luckily thats not the end of the world, considering all the other UFA's out there, or trade options even

I do honestly think Duchene wants to be a hab, but like i said, Term will ultimately dictate that i think

Bergevin fully understands our pockets are deep, now more than ever, money is not a problem for us, we're lucky with that
Bergevin uses Term more than anything when it comes to UFA, the term was too much to sign Radulov in his opinion, and he obviously utilized Term on his target that year, Alzner, giving him a 5th year to secure he would sign with us (another mistake, a very bad one at that, but this is just to demonstrate how he uses term as a contract weapon)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
ultimately, we might miss out on him if they dont commit to 7 year term, but luckily thats not the end of the world, considering all the other UFA's out there, or trade options even

That's the bottom line. Bergevin has options. Plus, Duchene would not be the first option for many of us -- he'd fall into a category of player where the Habs could best be qualified as "beggars can't be choosers" given their track record with UFAs.. If he'd be the only quality UFA to show real interest, you gotta pursue it.

MC94

May 13, 2018
I feel like the people who say no deep down would be thrilled if they actually signed him at that price, if he comes here it will be for more than that garenteed

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That's the bottom line. Bergevin has options. Plus, Duchene would not be the first option for many of us -- he'd fall into the pile of beggars can't be choosers. If he'd be the only quality UFA to show real interest, you gotta pursue it.

Absolutely, I just fear either signing him to 7 years, or bergevin NOt offering 7 years and we dont get him...there has to be a compromise somewhere lol..

I guess offer 7 and deal with it later.. but then that doesnt fit into the bergevin mindset, or Radulov would still be a hab..

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Absolutely, I just fear either signing him to 7 years, or bergevin NOt offering 7 years and we dont get him...there has to be a compromise somewhere lol..

I guess offer 7 and deal with it later.. but then that doesnt fit into the bergevin mindset, or Radulov would still be a hab..

I'd say offer the best deals to Panarin and Karlsson, the best offers in the market. If neither bites, then try with Duchene.

Reactions: Redux91

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Radulov was older and wasnt as proven as Duchene thought.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad