HF Habs: Would You Extend Zegras an Offer Sheet?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'd rather pile assets like Hutson, Mailloux and one of the forwards with some added picks to trade to a team looking to rebuild that has a #1C in the 24-25 age range. Which is pretty much no team in the league except Vancouver. Vancouver have deluded themselves that they can compete so that ends that too.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
No because then the Ducks would do the same to one of our players.
I would rather make a trade for Keller next summer. We have the assets to acquire Keller and not hurt ourselves. Assets like our 1st, Trudeau, Barron, Mesar, etc. could be on the table, and it wouldn't hurt us.

Reactions: abo9

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I'm guessing because he may end up being a soft winger, albeit one that can put up 60-70 points. Maybe Anaheim doesn't think he's work 8M AAV long term.

Leo Carlsson and Mason McTavish are their projected top 2 centers.
McTavish is not even close to Zegras level. Zegras should be at least a 90 pter. McTavish will never be that. McTavish is more of a power forward though so they may move Zegras to the wing.

I would rather make a trade for Keller next summer. We have the assets to acquire Keller and not hurt ourselves. Assets like our 1st, Trudeau, Barron, Mesar, etc. could be on the table, and it wouldn't hurt us.
It is unlikely any of the Habs players that they care about would accept an offer sheet.

Reactions: 26Mats

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Are you ready to cough up 10M+ for him?

I'm not.
Anything under and the Ducks likely match

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The history of offer sheet in the last 10 years in the NHL.
It's easy, there's only otwo of them

1- Habs moronic GM tought he could have Aho from Carolina
2- Carolina showing to this same moronic GM how an offer sheet should be done

That's it.

Now you want our new GM to do another offer sheet?
Why? You like being the laughing stock of the entire NHL?

The last working offer sheet before Carolina made a fool of Bergevin and the Habs, it was in 2007.

• Love
Reactions: kevistar and the

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Must be off ice concerns only the Ducks know about.
Zegras has no defensive game whatsoever, and no desire for it … forget 200-ft game….

Pat “little ball of hate” Verbeek has been clearly focusing on adding size + grit + defensive awareness

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Would you support the Habs offer sheeting Zegras in exchange for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? If so what term and AAV would you give? Also if he does end up in the Habs in this hypothetical, are you happy with the Habs future top 6?

Why not just pick Michkov if you want Zegras?

Reactions: Habsrule

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why are the Ducks playing hard ball with Zegras? I would think a comparable would be Dylan Cozens.

And it's not like they're in cap trouble. They are currently the team with the most cap space according to CapFriendly. They have more than $16M in cap space and all they have to sign are Zegras and Drysdale. Plenty of cap space for both of them.

Reactions: Tyson

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I'd rather pile assets like Hutson, Mailloux and one of the forwards with some added picks to trade to a team looking to rebuild that has a #1C in the 24-25 age range. Which is pretty much no team in the league except Vancouver. Vancouver have deluded themselves that they can compete so that ends that too.
Imagine if a team is so enchanted by Hutson that they give up such an asset for a package including him as the main piece. That'd be amazing stuff and Brett kulak would go down as a Habs legend

Reactions: Durvann

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Not an offer sheet, but I would try to trade for him. Unfortunately, the Ducks and us are kind in the same period development-wise, and are deep at the same positions, so they don't necessarily make good trade partners.

Reactions: Miller Time

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The Ducks have what, 16M in cap space? There isn't an offer sheet we could make they wouldn't match except maybe four 1sts. And we'd be incomprehensively stupid to trade four 1sts for Zegras.

If Pettersson does decide he wants out after this year, that's the player we trip over ourselves to get at whatsoever (within reason) we can. He'd instantly be the best player we've had in well over a decade.

Reactions: Egresch

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The history of offer sheet in the last 10 years in the NHL.
It's easy, there's only otwo of them

1- Habs moronic GM tought he could have Aho from Carolina
2- Carolina showing to this same moronic GM how an offer sheet should be done

That's it.

Now you want our new GM to do another offer sheet?
Why? You like being the laughing stock of the entire NHL?

The last working offer sheet before Carolina made a fool of Bergevin and the Habs, it was in 2007.
I know I posted earlier but Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Beautiful post.

Only a clown would think about an offer-sheet.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

I don't see any scenario in which the Yotes give up Keller for one of those packages.

I think the PLD saga should put this matter to rest. We won't get a significant piece that's our core's age without giving up a significant return. We can't quantity trade for a piece like that. I mean, we had every advantage in our way to get PLD and it still wasn't enough because there's always another team interested and no player in the league will insist on only one team no matter what (besides maybe Adam Fox lol). Dubois was the closest thing to it we could imagine and he still OK'd Los Angeles and they gave up a big piece in Vilardi + other useful stuff.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad