Proposal: Would You Do This Trade?

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
No, the Rangers get a lot worse immediately and there isn't any big stud piece coming back. IMO:
Staal = Vatanen + 2nd
Zuccarello = Etem + 2nd
Middle Pick = DSP

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
Wait what am I missing here?

I do this trade in a heart beat.

You wouldn't trade two pending UFA that will make over 10 million between the two of them for two good cost controlled players and a solid prospect? We are tight with the cap as it is.

You guys do realize there is a salary cap in the NHL right? Of course the Rangers would be giving up more of the talent, but the reward is generous and makes us a more effective team down the line. (Assuming the immediate $7 Million we save from this deal is used correctly.)

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

You wouldn't trade two pending UFA that will make over 10 million between the two of them for two good cost controlled players and a solid prospect? We are tight with the cap as it is.

You guys do realize there is a salary cap in the NHL right? Of course the Rangers would be giving up more of the talent, but the reward is generous and makes us a more effective team down the line. (Assuming the immediate $7 Million we save from this deal is used correctly.)

Wouldn't make the trade because the idea of trading Zuccarello is a bad one.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009

If you want to save some cap space trade away Rick "7.8 million dollar bum" Nash. Not two very productive players who will get paid fair market value for their actual abilities instead of, like Nash, get paid for their fairy tale abilities.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I could not be less of a fan of Etem, which is a big reason why I voted no. His hockey sense makes Chris Kreider look like Adam Oates.

DSP and Vatanen would be a great core to build an offer around if for some reason the Rangers decided to move on from Staal/Zucc. No, obviously not 2-for-2.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Why about Staal for Jonas Brodin and Charlie Coyle

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Coyle Stempniak
Glass Moore Lombardi

McDonagh Girardi
Brodin Boyle
Moore Klein

Lundqvist
Talbot

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why about Staal for Jonas Brodin and Charlie Coyle

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Coyle Stempniak
Glass Moore Lombardi

McDonagh Girardi
Brodin Boyle
Moore Klein

Lundqvist
Talbot

No chance in hell Minnesota does this.

At this point, I'd rather move Staal (even though I don't want to) for a RD. We don't really have solid RD in our system other than McIlrath and maybe Zamorsky. Nanne still is a while away from considering him for anything.

I know Allen can play the right side, but I'd rather keep him on the left to keep the balance that AV prefers.

Maybe a player like Vatanen, Pysyk, Gudas, etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad