Would you be in Favor of this Division Realignment with Seattle Added?

Would you be in Favor of this Division Realignment with Seattle Added?

• Total voters

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Just do 4 divisions ffs

Vancity
Seattle
Edmonton
Calgary
Vegas
LA
Anahiem
San Jose

Arizona
Dallas
Nashville
Chicago
Minny
Colorado
Jets
Stl

Keep the East as it is

So much this.

And then the playoffs are 1-8 in each conference.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I think this has potential, but I would do the realignment a bit different, needs some tweaks.

Would change Minnesota <-> St. Louis. Makes more geographical sense. Also that Dallas-Colorado division isn't Pacific, more like south-central.
Then Buffalo <-> Boston swap
and Detroit <-> Columbus swap

These changes make geographical sense and that should dominate.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
As usual, the Western Conference gets screwed by travel and time zones, while the Eastern Conference probably travels on average half the mileage, gets more rest, and likely is able to practice more as a result.

Unless the conferences are set up like the other major N. American sports, with teams spanning the continent in both conferences, that inequality will continue to exist.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I like this a lot. Definitely would bring rivalries back into it.

Not sure I agree with the divisions completely, I mean look at Detroit compared to the Atlantic division. I'm sure someone smarter than myself would be able to figure out the best way to do this.

But I'd like to change up the GP a bit. Make it so you face the the opposite conference twice a year (one home, one away). The others can be adjusted accordingly.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I don't like the idea of 4 divisions because it increases odds that a team outside the top 8 in points from a conference can make the playoffs. Just have 8 teams per division.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I like how Winnipeg has to fly over Minnesota to get to all of their divisional games.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I prefer teams spread their games out across the league a bit more. If you're playing 3 other teams a significant amount of time it might artificially build a rivalry, but it gets boring seeing the same teams regularly as a fan. Financially I wouldn't be surprised if it was worse for owners too, I remember watching those Avs-Oilers games back in the day and they were barren attendance-wise when both teams were in the basement. At least now they don't see each other as often that people are more likely to make a point to go if that's the matchup they want to watch live.

IMO the ideal situation is 8 team divisions, top 3 from each go and the next 2 compete in a playoff wildcard format. That's 20 teams of playoff action and gives teams an incentive (and advantage) towards placing a bit higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad