Olympics: Would Kesler make team Canada?

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
I wish Canada could trade a centre or two to the US for a couple of wingers lol

No I don't think Kesler would make Canada. I don't think Bergeron would either if he hasn't been there before.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
No American player has ever been good enough to make team Canada. They don't have that Canadian heart you need to win.:sarcasm:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Yup, he would make it over Bergeron, Richards & some of the other 4th line options IMO

Lol funniest joke I've heard all day.

Kesler would not make TC... He's a guy who would even be questionable to get a orientation invite.

Crosby, Toews, Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux, Getzlaf, Staal, Couture, Benn and Richards

That's 10 Centres alone that would be selected ahead of Kesler. Higher scorers this year and guys like Richards have own Gold Medals and Cups.

Canada is far too good to move a C like Kesler to the wing, even in a 4th line role, you're taking Richards, Possibly Bergeron and wingers like Lucic. Canada doesn't need a diving and disappearing act who hasn't won anything.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Kesler would not make TC... He's a guy who would even be questionable to get a orientation invite.

Crosby, Toews, Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux, Getzlaf, Staal, Couture, Benn and Richards

That's 10 Centres alone that would be selected ahead of Kesler. Higher scorers this year and guys like Richards have own Gold Medals and Cups.

Canada is far too good to move a C like Kesler to the wing, even in a 4th line role, you're taking Richards, Possibly Bergeron and wingers like Lucic. Canada doesn't need a diving and disappearing act who hasn't won anything.

Healthy Kesler is better than Richards and much better than couture.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

You haven't seen him play this year have you?

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
He' be lock if he was healthy and playing like he is now.

Kesler is proving this year that he's better than Bergeron and Richards, clearly injuries have held him back the last 2 years.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

That "disappearing act" was 4th in playoff scoring in 2011, he was arguably the best player on a team that made it to game 7 of the finals. Also was the #1 centre on a team which beat Canada once, and took them to ovetime the other time they played, and guess who scored a goal in both those games Yes, Kesler. Kesler has also won a Selke, while also being nominated for that award 3 time. Simply saying Kesler wouldn't make it is fine, but using incorrect hyperbole to further your point is embarrassing.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Canada doesn't need a diving and disappearing act who hasn't won anything.

He would have won a Stanley Cup a couple years ago if Canada's starting goalie could have figured out how to stop a beach ball in more than 3 of the 7 games in the finals.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He would have won a Stanley Cup a couple years ago if Canada's starting goalie could have figured out how to stop a beach ball in more than 3 of the 7 games in the Finals.

And in those 3 games (3, 4 and 6) Vancouver scored a combined 3 goals, so despite Luongo's bad games they still would have likely lost those games anyway. Luongo stole Vancouver 3 games in the finals, they were simply to banged up to compete with the Bruins.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
And in those 3 games (3, 4 and 6) Vancouver scored a combined 3 goals, so despite Luongo's bad games they still would have likely lost those games anyway. Luongo stole Vancouver 3 games in the finals, they were simply to banged up to compete with the Bruins.

What about game 7? I'm no Nucks fan so I could be remembering this wrong, but half way through game 7 the Bruins had a total of 4 quality chances. Three went in and the fourth hit the post. Stealing 3 games in a series doesn't mean much when you were the worst player on the ice in the other four.

Betamax*

He would be in the mix with bergeron and richards, I think he would make it over both this year

Kesler is a big game player for his country. Go back and look at his pedigree ... we saw that back during the WHJC and in the most recent Olympics in 2010 where he scored in both of the games he played against Canada.

re:

and

and

Especially with the larger International sized rink versus what we saw in Vancouver in 2010, his superior skating ability would put him ahead in the depth chart of both Richards and Bergeron but, IMO, Team Canada would probably make room for all three players.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
What about game 7? I'm no Nucks fan so I could be remembering this wrong, but half way through game 7 the Bruins had a total of 4 quality chances. Three went in and the fourth hit the post. Stealing 3 games in a series doesn't mean much when you were the worst player on the ice in the other four.

Yes, but you said "Kesler would have a cup if it weren't for [Luongo]" when in reality the only reason the series went to 7 games was because of Luongo.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Playing wing with the Sedins helps his case, as there is no shot at centre. Fringe candidate for a wing spot. Canada seems to be viewing Bergeron as a 13th forward, and I'm skeptical that Kesler would be picked over Bergeron. Mike Richards is having a very comparable year (a little better in my opinion) and appears to be on the outside looking in.

Cedream

Apr 21, 2013
Saint-Eustache

Your post is all right except for the part in bold, only party i lol'ed

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
this should be a poll... however, i dont think so. Canada is just to deep, but he would definitly be in the conversation.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
of course he would. you can never have enough Selke type players.

did we forget Toews was Canadas best player and Kesler was one of USA's best players? these are the type of players you win with.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad