Would Finnland lose to Germany on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
Suomi would never do that. Why put their national pride on stake to make it easier for a B-group team?

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
OilerOlli said:
No, Germany won't win against Finland!

It's possible that they do win, but it wont be because Finland donates them the victory. We've already seen several surprise victories in this tournament, all of which show that it is very much possible for a weaker team to beat a stronger team.

OilerOlli*

Borlag said:
It's possible that they do win, but it wont be because Finland donates them the victory. We've already seen several surprise victories in this tournament, all of which show that it is very much possible for a weaker team to beat a stronger team.

No, it's not possible with the team Germany has at this tournament.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I actually think Force has a point. Far fetched? Maybe. However, it's still plauseable.

If you've watched any of the the x-country or speed skating you can see how different nations do things in order to win. Would Finland throw a game? I doubt it, but it's possible!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MartinFr said:
Suomi would never do that. Why put their national pride on stake to make it easier for a B-group team?

Yeah, I'm sure their pride will be hurting pretty badly if they medal. If the CR is out, that is even more likely.

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
Legionnaire said:
Yeah, I'm sure their pride will be hurting pretty badly if they medal. If the CR is out, that is even more likely.

Yeah now that's just what I told you......... :handclap:

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Okay, this thread is pointless now as Germany won't make the quarterfinals... THANK GOD!

And I'm sure Suomi would never intentionally lose games against anyone. :teach:

OilerOlli*

Mr. Penguin said:
Okay, this thread is pointless now as Germany won't make the quarterfinals... THANK GOD!

And I'm sure Suomi would never intentionally lose games against anyone. :teach:

I like it that everyone outside germany hates the german team. I know that from soccer. That's great!
But Germany will come back and reach the Quarterfinals in 4 years! :p:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
OilerOlli said:
I like it that everyone outside germany hates the german team. I know that from soccer. That's great!
But Germany will come back and reach the Quarterfinals in 4 years! :p:

I actually root for Germany after Italy. I know, I know. Crazy American.

But anyway. It's been amazing to see how well a lot of the "non-automatic bid" :shakehead nations have done this year. There have really been no easy games. Even against Canada, Italy held it's own through the first. And that makes me wonder how long before we DO see a Germany, or Italy win the gold. Hell. I'd say Slovakia could do it this year even.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Force said:
If Germany beats Switzerland, which is likely...
Nope. It's unlikely.

But yeah, interesting if it indeed happens. Let's wait and see if Germany upsets the Swiss before making too much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad