Worst Start in Coyotes History? (UPD: It was)

Will this be the worst start in Coyotes history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
So this happened.

Not only are we 0-5-1, we're also last in goal differential.

To be fair, usually the last place team has one of the worst goal differential (the worst normally) just by the fact that in order to win a game it HAS to be positive for the game lol. If you really wanna look at the bright side of things, it took 6 games without a win to be the worst, so at least not a lot of blowouts??? lol. I'm trying to be positive here! ha.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So, Stepan, Raanta, Hjalmarsson, Cousins, Demers....were all foisted on us?

Gonna be a lot of hindsight-fueled second-guessing for a while given how badly we're playing.

But if you ask me whether I'd make all those moves again given the start we've had, you bet your ass I would.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Gonna be a lot of hindsight-fueled second-guessing for a while given how badly we're playing.

But if you ask me whether I'd make all those moves again given the start we've had, you bet your ass I would.

(apologies for omitting the smiley; UMC's post was a Larry David reference, so I responded with another...)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
DontPanic.png

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

100% we make these moves again and twice on Sunday. Not one time did I ever think that these players were either "losing a step" or "game had passed them by," like we may have been able to say about a player like Doan.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I would make the PLAYER moves again:)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I know that I'm a lone voice in the desert, but I would have chosen a middle aged, experienced coach to take on such a young roster. I'm not proposing an older coach like Hitchcock or Tippett, but someone with a solid stint of head coaching on his resume. Mix a very young roster with little veteran presence with a young head coach with essentially no head coaching experience and this is what you get.

Reactions: cobra427

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I know that I'm a lone voice in the desert, but I would have chosen a middle aged, experienced coach to take on such a young roster. I'm not proposing an older coach like Hitchcock or Tippett, but someone with a solid stint of head coaching on his resume. Mix a very young roster with little veteran presence with a young head coach with essentially no head coaching experience and this is what you get.

Very easy to speak abstractly. Who do you have in mind?

For what it's worth Tocchet has about 2 years experience as an NHL head coach, and nearly a decade as an assistant with Colorado, Arizona, and Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yeo, Cooper, McClellan, for three. Someone with their age/experience. Tocchet was an "interim head coach" for a bunch of the games cited, IIRC.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

I'm starting to disagree, he's making all the right adjustments and it shows. It's like he's reading my posts and reacting accordingly! :laugh:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I need to read Bleacher Report more...apparently the Coyotes fired their basketball coach..

ofdees.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad