Worst Rangers in Recent Memory

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Ozolinsh was so bad in those playoffs that "Ozolinsh" became a verb amongst my friends and I, synonymous with "godawful"

Reactions: RUNYR

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This thread needs more Ales Kotalik. He lasted like three months here and was having such a bad time, he waived his NMC. He literally couldn't do anything except shoot the puck 100 MPH on the power play and hit the net 1/20 times.

Torts tried him on the first line with Gaborik and Prospal and it lasted one period. He couldn't back check or defend. Drury and Briere really carried that dude in Buffalo.

Not that they were the worst, but in terms of quality backups or #2 goalies, all of Alex Auld, Chad Johnson, and Ondrej Pavelec stunk.

And leave my man Frolov off this list. Yes he couldn't score anymore by the time he got here but he for the length of his contract, he was a very effective puck cycler and played well for the Torts style.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I’ll always fondly remember Sather’s big deadline acquisition in 11-12 as we were en route to finishing 2nd in the league/1st in the division and a trip to the ECF

I remember this moment and sometimes still chuckle over it.

Not acquiring Brian Rolston for scraps cost the Rangers the Cup. I will argue that for the rest of my life.

I know it sounds crazy but here is my case: All he had to do was play 4th line minutes and the point on the PP. If the Rangers PP scored like 3-4 more goals in that run it creates a ripple effect and they get out of either series earlier than seven games and don't have to shorten the bench as much.

They had Steve Emminger play 4th line wing at one point because they were so short on the bench.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
MASHINTER AND FERRIERO. POWE. Brings me back.

That 2013 roster up until the trade deadline was truly horrible. Pyatt and Halpern stunk. Asham wasn't very useful except in the playoffs against Washington.

Jason Arnott as a Ranger. LOL lasted two days and he failed a physical.

Reactions: fm

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Worst Rangers? IMO:

fwd: Wolski, Christensen, Frolov, Naslund, Lisin, Hlavac, Kamensky, Toms, Holik

def: Huber, Melnyk, Lefebrve, Karpa, Gusarov, Mironov, Ozolinsh, Mottau, McCabe, Morris, Moore, Gilroy

None of the forwards on this list belong anywhere close to being called amongst the worst Rangers. Naslund? Holik? Hlavac? Seriously?

This list looks like it was made by a meathead in the upper deck 4 beers in screaming SHOOOOT on the powerplay while telling his friend Europeans shouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL.

Reactions: RiffyNYR61

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Worst Rangers? IMO:

fwd: Wolski, Christensen, Frolov, Naslund, Lisin, Hlavac, Kamensky, Toms, Holik

def: Huber, Melnyk, Lefebrve, Karpa, Gusarov, Mironov, Ozolinsh, Mottau, McCabe, Morris, Moore, Gilroy

Open to someone changing my mind but at this pt\
Gilroy
a useless creampuff who could skate and literally do nothing else
gets my vote to date

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad