Worst ran franchise of the salary-cap era ?

Worst franchise of the cap era?

• Buffalo Sabres

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Other (name it)

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 86 62.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Canucks under Benning have been horribly run on all fronts.

Other teams have had worse records per se, but the Canucks have gutted their staff, management and scouting, things that can have a long term impact, often on a greater level than simple transactional moves.

the oilers missed the playoffs for a decade and couldn't parlay 4 first overall picks into a competitive squad, but benning!

so many canucks fans think delusional whining about their team constitutes smart analysis.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Went with the Oilers.

Four 1st OA picks, 2 of them traded, a 3rd soon to be, and they have one playoff appearance to show for it.

They can't draft outside the first round, they've lost almost every trade they've made, their lockerroom seems to turn to poison everytime they hit a bit of adversity regardless of roster or coach, etc.

It's true the Oilers have been crap in the past decade and deserves mockery but the "one playoff appearance" is ignorant BS.

Did you completely forget the SC run in 2006? That was in the salary cap era.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Carolina Hurricanes is the clear winner. Missed playoffs 8 times in a row since 2008. /Thread

They've also won a cup, and were never at the bottom of the standings. They only picked 5th overall twice, and were never lower than that. Oilers had a 10 year run of no playoffs.

Anyways, I think it comes down to these three.

Edmonton had a really rough 10 years after that cup final appearance. Took them a long f***ing time to finally break that cold streak, and all it took was lucking out to draft a generational talent.

Arizona has been pretty bad, aside from one playoff run. Seems they're always having financial and attendance issues as well.

Buffalo hasn't been getting results for a while now. No idea what's going on with them. They have quite a bit of talent.

I'd probably lean towards Phoenix/Arizona. Oilers a close second.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think it’s the Oilers. I really thought they’d roll to the WCF this year, too.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's true the Oilers have been crap in the past decade and deserves mockery but the "one playoff appearance" is ignorant BS.

Did you completely forget the SC run in 2006? That was in the salary cap era.

Embarrassingly, yes I did.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This thread makes me thankful for Shanahan
If we don't get Vinik and Yzerman, we're in the same boat. The Lightning coming out of the lockout took a Cup winner and stripped it down for spare parts over the next five seasons until they bottom out. Vinik buying the team and bringing on Yzerman completely changed the franchise's fortunes.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Oilers.... Buffalo had some really good years with Briere/Vanek/Drury/Miller and Arizona has been plagued by money problems and the fact that there shouldn't be a team in Arizona, besides that they have a few good playoff runs.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
I don't see how you can vote for Arizona, they didn't even have an owner until recently and were outplaying the Oilers every year.

Reactions: Mitts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad