Worst ran franchise of the salary-cap era ?

Worst franchise of the cap era?

• Buffalo Sabres

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Other (name it)

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 86 62.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Carolina Hurricanes is the clear winner. Missed playoffs 8 times in a row since 2008. /Thread

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Carolina Hurricanes is the clear winner. Missed playoffs 8 times in a row since 2008. /Thread

haven't had a pick higher than Hanifin since Jack Johnson 2005

none of their draft picks have been egregious and their trades haven't been bad

2014 they went safe and took Fleury instead of Nylander and Ehlers, that's it

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Toronto has to be up there. It may be Edmonton #1 but Toronto comes in at a close #2.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
haven't had a pick higher than Hanifin since Jack Johnson 2005
none of their draft picks have been egregious and their trades haven't been bad
2014 they went safe and took Fleury instead of Nylander and Ehlers, that's it

Whats you point? They failed to achieved result, but we can't call them bad, cause they did everything right? If it is your point, then I totally disagree. Good intentions is the worst indicator in the history of mankind. There are some real ones. You can go with something like a financial situation for example. But its boring. It is more interesting for a hockey fan to check a play-off success. In this case it is Carolina with their record of being out the playoff.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Canucks under Benning have been horribly run on all fronts.

Other teams have had worse records per se, but the Canucks have gutted their staff, management and scouting, things that can have a long term impact, often on a greater level than simple transactional moves.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Whats you point? They failed to achieved result, but they did everything right, so we can't call them bad? If it is your point, then I totally disagree. Good intentions is the worst indicator in the history of mankind. There are some real ones. You can go with something like a financial situation for example. But its boring. It is more interesting for a hockey fan to check a play-off success. In this case it is Carolina with thier record of being out the playoff.

Nope I heavily disagree

Is the goal to make the playoffs or win the cup? Either way you bringing up Carolina in a poll with Arizona Buffalo Edmonton is just laughable

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Nope I heavily disagree

Is the goal to make the playoffs or win the cup? Either way you bringing up Carolina in a poll with Arizona Buffalo Edmonton is just laughable

I see now. You disagree with the name. No any proof, just your opinion. I have an opinion that Moon is bigger then Sun. Can you proof me wrong?
Second question: how are you going to win the cup by missing play-offs? (Hint: don't even try "tanking" as your answer) Arizona, Edmonton and other clubs were definitely more successful. They had their chance to win the cup. It may be was not big one, but it still was bigger than zero chance Carolina had by not making it.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I see now. You disagree with the name. No any proof, just your opinion. I have an opinion that Moon is bigger then Sun. Can you proof me wrong?
Second question: how are you going to win the cup by missing play-offs? (Hint: don't even try "tanking" as your answer)

I don't need to prove you wrong to think your opinion is worthless ... no offence

Reactions: Plural and Peanut

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I don't need to prove you wrong to think your opinion is worthless ... no offence
Non taken. 99% of HF posts are: "there are two points of view. Mine and the wrong one". I've seen enough of comments like this to take it personally.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Went with the Oilers.

Four 1st OA picks, 2 of them traded, a 3rd soon to be, and they have one playoff appearance to show for it.

They can't draft outside the first round, they've lost almost every trade they've made, their lockerroom seems to turn to poison everytime they hit a bit of adversity regardless of roster or coach, etc.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
It is out of Edmonton, Toronto and Arizona (they have been mismanaged the longest).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad