Olympics: Worst player in the tournament?

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
From what I have seen, it's definetly Miettinen. Every time I see him, he looks like he doesn't belong to the rink.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Yannik Weber...from the games I've watch....Luca Sciba for some reason is heads and tails above him.

hockeymaneeak*

Arvid Rekis. He sucked when he played for my junior team...and he hasnt done much to get better;)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Definitely Antti Miettinen. Sometimes I wonder is he on ice at all.

Gotta love him picked up Jussi Jokinen. At least the coaching staff reconized this and is sitting Miettinen over Immonen against Sweden

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I have no idea but a guess would be the third string goalie in Norway... he cant be really good? Or is he? :p

Actually, our third string goalie, Ruben Smith, is considered among many over here to be our best. The coach hates his team though...

Anyways, here's your winner: Lars Erik Lund, one of our defenseman. Hal Gill would look like Duncan Keith next to him...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Iginla :sarcasm:

Definitely not VIKINGSTAD. Probably Ficenec (sp?) from Germany from what I've seen.

Checking him out on eliteprospects, it seems that he is actually a born Czech, why would you want to naturalize a player like that? And even more importantly how he did ever make it on a Czechoslovakia roster at the U18 EC?

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I have no idea but a guess would be the third string goalie in Norway... he cant be really good? Or is he? :p

Actually he is the best goalie of the three. He just doesn't get to play...don't get us started on that one...

Lars Erik Lund for us is pretty bad. Only thing he has is his shot.

RevenueSharing*

Bergeron and Krejci have been the worst.
Halak, Plekanec, Markov and Kostitsyn have been the best.

FreakyEuro*

Meet Pavel Kubina, slow clueless giveaway machine. Haven't seen a single viable shot or single playmaking pass from him. He's got to be benched ... YESTERDAY!

FreakyEuro*

Bergeron and Krejci have been the worst.
Halak, Plekanec, Markov and Kostitsyn have been the best.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Krejčí was the best guy on our side in the CZE-RUS match. Carried puck in the offensive zone at will, best stickhandler on the ice. Can you name another Bruins player you hate? Oh, what a coincidence all the best players are incidentally Habs, right? Pathetic homer. Plekanec was average at best tonight.

Nice try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
jamie langenbrunner has been pretty terrible so far

FreakyEuro*

Checking him out on eliteprospects, it seems that he is actually a born Czech, why would you want to naturalize a player like that? And even more importantly how he did ever make it on a Czechoslovakia roster at the U18 EC?

He is a Czech, dressed the Czech senior national jersey once, in a friendly fixture against Belarus December 2006 (2-2). I was in the attendance then, wanted my money back.

And I guess the Germans cannot afford to be that picky in their nomination.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany

Players don't just become citizens to player for the national team, there are lots of reasons for it, including not counting as a foreigner in the DEL.

He was a really good defenseman a few years ago, with a booming slapshot, though he's gotten worse over the years.

Still, I don't think that he was anywhere near as bad as Bakos or Schmidt, even Sulzer may have been worse than him.

As for Germany better changing to 11 forwards and 6 defensemen to avoid playing Bakos, Schmidt and Ficenec, there is only one problem with that idea, it's that you got the wrong Müller. Moritz Müller is the one who is a defenseman now, and he isn't on the roster, Marcel Müller is just a forward.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
from what I saw of Pronger he would definitely get a vote from me...
A NHL top tier D-Man that have played just horribily in the 1st 2 games for Canada

Chicagofan19

Oct 31, 2007
Ã…rhus, Denmark
As for Germany better changing to 11 forwards and 6 defensemen to avoid playing Bakos, Schmidt and Ficenec, there is only one problem with that idea, it's that you got the wrong Müller. Moritz Müller is the one who is a defenseman now, and he isn't on the roster, Marcel Müller is just a forward.

not at all, not at all, sanderson! :D i do perfectly know which one of the mullers is with the team in vancouver. i just had to choose a young forward with speed and decent defensive work ethic to play defense, because we have three potential hot spots :D in our defense, which have to be avoided when setting the rosterspots. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad