Worst case scenario...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Worst case scenario in that we lose tonight and tomorrow.

A loss tonight puts the Rangers 5 points out.

A loss tomorrow makes it 7 points out with 19 to play.

we have 9 games to the deadline.

6 of the 9 games are against teams that are ahead of us in the standings.

We need no less than 6 Regulation wins in that span and at least 4 of those have to come against the teams that we are chasing.

In line with the thread, assuming we go 3-6 in those 9 games and lose 4 against the teams we are chasing, does Torts gets the ax?

In my opinion, we go 3-6 over the next 9, the PO's are not an option.

Thoughts?

Dorado*

Worst case scenario makes me think we totally implode even further and end up with a lottery pick headed to Columbus and we are stuck with Nash playing inconsistent and the oldest. 31 year old on earth Brad Richards .

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Torts has said that the lockout has no bearing as to why the Rangers are playing like **** when there are 29 other teams that were in the similar position the Rangers are in.

Bottom six this, bottom six that. At the end of the day, the Rangers are now dead last in GF in the conference and are 28th in the league in GF. That **** shouldn't fly when we have close to $22 million locked up in 3 supposed offensive juggernauts.

I repeat..

$22 million.

3 players.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
People are estimating 53 points will be needed to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference....more than that in the Western Conference, where they've had more three point games.

That means the Rangers need 25 points in their last 21 games....like perhaps 11-7-3 or so. If the Rangers can't do that, they don't deserve to make the playoffs. It would be nice if they got started in the right direction tonight.

*Bob Richards*

Worst case scenario is that Hank gets injured long term and McDonagh quits hockey to pursue a career in abstract art.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Worst case scenario, we finish last place. And Columbus picks first overall in the draft.

I don,t know why you are hung up on the Columbus draft pick. That trade was made last year and the Rangers got a superstar in Rick Nash.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
I don,t know why you are hung up on the Columbus draft pick. That trade was made last year and the Rangers got a superstar in Rick Nash.

Columbus getting a high draft pick because of the Nash trade would really stink for us. So many people here say the Rangers can't draft a superstar picking in the middle of the first round every year, and to finally get a high draft pick and lose it...jeesh.

And for me, year to date Nash has been more of a part-time superstar. For some stretches of games yes, for other stretches of games no.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
If it looks like the rangers aren't gonna get in then our illustrious GM needs to get a 1st round pick.

The chance to pick #1 overall is worth it. The Rangers have never really been in any situation where that is a possibility.

although having said that, who are the big stud players predicted to go top 10 - 14 this year ?

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Worst case scenario in that we lose tonight and tomorrow.

A loss tonight puts the Rangers 5 points out.

A loss tomorrow makes it 7 points out with 19 to play.

we have 9 games to the deadline.

6 of the 9 games are against teams that are ahead of us in the standings.

We need no less than 6 Regulation wins in that span and at least 4 of those have to come against the teams that we are chasing.

In line with the thread, assuming we go 3-6 in those 9 games and lose 4 against the teams we are chasing, does Torts gets the ax?

In my opinion, we go 3-6 over the next 9, the PO's are not an option.

Thoughts?

Same thought here. I think we should shop Gabby, Boyle and Pyatt around the league massively in that case. It's kinda hard imagining Sather in this position, though.

Kershaw

Many experts believe we aren't making the playoffs or are contenders this year.

I say the worst case scenario is trading for more veterans and giving CBJ the #1 overall pick, which I fully expect happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad