Worst calls and/or non-calls in recent memory against the Rangers?

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
I don't know if anyone remembers this it was back in 2000 against the Flames when Mark Savard scored a phantom goal.
Video replay
officials ruled his slap shot from the top of the left circle
went in and out of the net. But television replays showed the
puck may have glanced off the water bottle on top of the goal.

"I thought it was the puck in the corner behind the net for a
second, but it was the lid off the bottle," Savard said.

The officials looked at the net and found no holes in it, but yet allowed the goal

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I remember a slew foot committed by Malkin a few years back. It might have been after an empty net goal by the Rangers - it was definitely at the end of the game by the crease. Wasn't called. REALLY pissed me off at the time and I don't like Geno to this day because of it.

Mr Atoz*

I remember a slew foot committed by Malkin a few years back. It might have been after an empty net goal by the Rangers - it was definitely at the end of the game by the crease. Wasn't called. REALLY pissed me off at the time and I don't like Geno to this day because of it.

I remember that. I think it was on Paul Mara.

fiedy88

Feb 14, 2010
Branchburg, NJ
How has no one said the Winter Classic when Cally got hooked but then they called him for also holding the stick when he was going for the empty net…?

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
How has no one said the Winter Classic when Cally got hooked but then they called him for also holding the stick when he was going for the empty net…?

He did. He tried to sell the call by doing a "chicken wing" and ended up getting called too.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
The Winter Classic penalty shot call was probably one of the worst calls I've seen recently, even though Philly didn't score.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
This one wouldn't exactly qualify as recent, but in the 1997 playoff series against the Devils, John Maclean slashed Nik Sundstrom badly. It ended up breaking his arm and we lost him for the playoffs. No penalty on the play and no suspension. I was livid.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't have a video on me but last i recall cally was AHEAD of the flyer about to go on a empty net breakaway, that should be an auto goal.
It should have been. Shame Callahan wasn't focused on that instead of drawing the penalty.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I don't have a video on me but last i recall cally was AHEAD of the flyer about to go on a empty net breakaway, that should be an auto goal.

I'll take a look for the video, but I believe the defenseman was ahead of Callahan.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not that it was going to matter much but last night's missed call when Richards was dragged down leading to Purcell's 1st goal was pretty par for the course with what you can expect on any given night by NHL referees. That the referees allowed Richards to carp at them for some length of time without hitting him with an unsportsmanlike conduct or even a misconduct--what can that say apart from they knew they blew it and were feeling a little bit sheepish about not doing their job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad