Worst calls and/or non-calls in recent memory against the Rangers?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Anyone remember some absolutely terrible calls/non-calls against the Rangers in recent years?

Hagelin's "charge" against Dallas is definitely up there for a terrible call. And the most recent terrible non-call I can remember is Nash getting hauled down by Kovalchuk when he had a breakaway, crashed into the boards, and nothing called.

What are yours?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Few years ago, Drury high stick, blood all over the place. Want to say in Pitt in game 5?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Literally just said this in our Around the League thread lol. I don't think I've ever been so angry.

I remember that call so well because I nearly punched a hole through my bed room wall. Holy ****, I was so mad.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Few years ago, Drury high stick, blood all over the place. Want to say in Pitt in game 5?

This noncall may have been the thing that catapulted my rage towards the pens past my rage toward the Devs, Isles and Pittsburgh steelers

The gong show that was the end of the WC vs Philly should get a nod. I was trying to strangle the TV

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
This noncall may have been the thing that catapulted my rage towards the pens past my rage toward the Devs, Isles and Pittsburgh steelers

The gong show that was the end of the WC vs Philly should get a nod. I was trying to strangle the TV

That series was so frustrating as a whole, up 3-0 in game 1, awful Hollweg boarding penalty in game 3, Korpedo and Dawes some how tying game 5 in the 3rd period.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Just this season I think the worst call against us was the Philly game when Mason batted the puck into Miller's skates which then bounced into the goal and and was taken back by the War Room in Toronto--who then a week or so later allowed a more blatant kicked in goal against us by Galchenyuk.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Straka's goal being disallowed in Game 5 against Buffalo. The Rangers would have been up 2-0 in the game, with less than 5 minutes left to, with a chance to go up 3-2 in the series, and finish the series at MSG for a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Dorado*

Kreider " interference call " where two players ran into each other while CK straddled the blue line to stay onside .
brassard breakaway whistled dead because player down hit with the puck .

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The three that come to mind off the top of my head (you guys already talked about two):

1) Drury getting high-sticked in game 5 against PIT in 08.
2) Anisimov's disallowed goal against NJ
3) Chris Neil's allowed goal at the end of game 6 in 2013. This one takes the cake for me. I was irate beyond belief.

Mr Atoz*

Everyone remembers Cindy slew footing Callahan and a penalty called on Callahan.

I think it was 2010 when the Rangers were playing the Blackhawks in Chicago and the Rangers were put down two men five times in the game. Not one deserved. Maybe the worst officiated game I've ever seen. During one power play, one of the Rangers penalty killers accidentally dropped his stick near the blue line. The Blackhawk point man had the puck at the blue line, left the puck sitting there, skated over to the loose Ranger stick, fired the stick out of the zone so the player couldn't recover it, and skated back to the puck. I was jumping up and down making noises that would scare the **** out of Linda Blair. And the Rangers won the game in overtime. I still have it on my DVR.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Everyone remembers Cindy slew footing Callahan and a penalty called on Callahan.

I think it was 2010 when the Rangers were playing the Blackhawks in Chicago and the Rangers were put down two men five times in the game. Not one deserved. Maybe the worst officiated game I've ever seen. During one power play, one of the Rangers penalty killers accidentally dropped his stick near the blue line. The Blackhawk point man had the puck at the blue line, left the puck sitting there, skated over to the loose Ranger stick, fired the stick out of the zone so the player couldn't recover it, and skated back to the puck. I was jumping up and down making noises that would scare the **** out of Linda Blair. And the Rangers won the game in overtime. I still have it on my DVR.
I think it was 7 times, Bill McCreary was one of the refs if I recall, also I remember a game at Buffalo where McCreary did it to us again, if I recall Gomez scored the game winner in the shoot out. Also, how about the game in Pitt a few years ago, up 1-0 all game I believe then Pitt got 2 gifts Staal tied it short handed final minute then Dubi Cally had that famous Sam Rosen call 2 on 1.... 2 on none...... Score! Score! I remember the celebration after and thinking wow our core is growing up

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York

Yes I remember this one, it was in 2009. Even Tom Renney was screaming at the refs at one point for an extended period of time. When he got mad, you knew it was justified.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad