World u18's

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Anybody have info on players playing who may have a shot of coming over to the CHL next year?

bidzey*

Canada leading 4-0 already in the second against the Switzerland. Nasty with a goal and an assist... Go Nasty Go :)

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Canada leading 4-0 already in the second against the Switzerland. Nasty with a goal and an assist... Go Nasty Go :)

Awesome.. TSN is showing the Canada - Sweden game tomorrow at 7:00 am, Should be a good game.

H44

Aug 31, 2011
Canada 6 Sweden 0

Well played game today - they played as a team - looked like they have played together all year. Cycled the puck well down low. Very disciplined. Desrosiers played great in goal.
McDavid - awesome. Hope Ritchie is OK.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Mcdavid is GOD on skates. Another Hat Trick. Best U18 player in the world. ERIE management should take notice and start making trades and shipping off picks, the time is now. With some support and a winning team, Mcdavid would run away with the OHL scoring title if he has the proper winger. I made the Crosby comparisons over 1 year ago in the 96 prospects thread before anyone in media or Crosby himself made them. People gave me hate mail for that, lol. I was a promoter, agent or family member. We know who was right now. Im not surprised Mcdavid is doing this. There is no ceiling to his potential. He may go down as one of the greatest hockey players that EVER LIVED when his career is over.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Mcdavid is GOD on skates. Another Hat Trick. Best U18 player in the world. ERIE management should take notice and start making trades and shipping off picks, the time is now. With some support and a winning team, Mcdavid would run away with the OHL scoring title if he has the proper winger. I made the Crosby comparisons over 1 year ago in the 96 prospects thread before anyone in media or Crosby himself made them. People gave me hate mail for that, lol. I was a promoter, agent or family member. We know who was right now. Im not surprised Mcdavid is doing this. There is no ceiling to his potential. He may go down as one of the greatest hockey players that EVER LIVED when his career is over.

No offense, but it doesn't take a genius to know that McDavid is a generational talent. He's the only player you can say realistically can compare styles with Crosby.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No offense, but it doesn't take a genius to know that McDavid is a generational talent. He's the only player you can say realistically can compare styles with Crosby.

No offense taken. Although I didnt see u in the prospects thread talking about how bright his future was or comparing him to Crosby 1.5 yrs ago? Its an easier statement to make now. I was the first one making these bold statements, people were arguing some of his minor midget team-mates were better. It was a joke.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
No offense taken. Although I didnt see u in the prospects thread talking about how bright his future was or comparing him to Crosby 1.5 yrs ago? Its an easier statement to make now. I was the first one making these bold statements, people were arguing some of his minor midget team-mates were better. It was a joke.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a joke. Ho-sang was noted as the Number one prospect for majority of the year and dominated Minor Midget the year before. If McDavid wasn't granted ES, Ho-sang would've gone first overall. So at the time having Ho-sang over McDavid wasn't really a ball call I'd say, just a preference.

Yeah I may not have come on this message board and said straight out this kid is a Crosby. But I saw him play far before the hype, a couple years before MM. He hasn't changed since he was smaller. He just keeps getting better.

bidzey*

Canada only let 3 goals in since the preliminary round began, things are almost going to good... What's the predicament for the Fin game?

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
Canada beats Finland 3-1 booking spot in Gold Medal Game!

Well done boys, bring home the GOLD.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto

No offense, but it's not like he was talking him up as of last week. He's been singing his praises before the majority of the board even knew who McDavid was. Give credit where it's due.

Last edited:

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Im so impressed with Philippe Desrosiers. Him being so good in net allows this U18 team to just play and not worry about the goalie.

One thing that separates Bennett and MCdavid from their peers is how clutch both of them are. They seem to both live for these high pressure moments. They both have scored so many clutch goals throught their careers. I hope the U18's can bring Gold home.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Im so impressed with Philippe Desrosiers. Him being so good in net allows this U18 team to just play and not worry about the goalie.

One thing that separates Bennett and MCdavid from their peers is how clutch both of them are. They seem to both live for these high pressure moments. They both have scored so many clutch goals throught their careers. I hope the U18's can bring Gold home.

I think its safe to say McDavid will put on a show tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad