Pre-Game Talk: World Juniors Summer 2022

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I would've loved to see the Finns win this hehehe. Team Canada are the Yankees of international hockey. They always win. Would've loved to see the underdog Finns stun the crowd and win.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I would've loved to see the Finns win this hehehe. Team Canada are the Yankees of international hockey. They always win. Would've loved to see the underdog Finns stun the crowd and win.

They shut down their country for a World Championship win.

I want to take that away from them any possible chance.

• Haha
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Senovision

May 23, 2011
That Finland player who thought he scored the gold medal winning goal should go see a movie this summer........Nope!
That was an insane play.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What? You're canadian?

They shut down their country for a World Championship win.

I want to take that away from them any possible chance.
Which they never should have won. Worst reffed game I've ever seen they won on a self High stick. They deserved all the penalties they got tonight. Very different scenario. Was very happy the hit on Ostapchuk wasn't 5 minutes. Clearly 2.

Dave Cameron stopped forchecking 2 guys when Finland made it 2 - 1.... Yikes.

Glad they won they were the best team.

Reactions: Cosmix and Senscore

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Doubtful but hey things happen
Don't see it either. This board didn't like Gustavvson who was way better at the same age. They'll hate Levi. Really bad 2nd and 3rd round for the sens in 2020 in my opinion. Traded Niemela and Hrvonen for Kleven. Jarventie over Peterka. Not good.

Reactions: DJB

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I was going nuts yelling at the tv because the refs should have called number 20 ( the giant) for Finland Helanius with a textbook tripping call on the play that made mactavish fall down behind the net, that led to the turnover, and the almost game winning goal. But Mactavish got right back up and skated out in front of the net and made the miracle stick play to save the game.

Watch at the 5 second mark. Sneaky trip that causes Mactavish to lose his footing. ( Mactavish does not dive).

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and Larionov

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Biggest positive surprise of this tournament: Hamara.
Calm and move the puck well.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeesh, Greig can't lift his left arm. Bobby Mac chimed in and said he had a separated shoulder.
OTOH, he wasn't in a sling, and managed to get a jersey on for the gold medal ceremony. No doubt he's hurting, but I'm betting that some physio plus being young and in top shape will combine to get him back in time for camp.

What a save by MacTavish...and sweet hands by Johnson.

Still hate the 3 on 3 though. But Finns got away with a blatant trip behind our net, as well in OT. So no controvercies or complains from either side on this one (unlike the Russia vs tv camera one before).
Also recall that the Finns had what in international play is a textbook five minute major changed to a two minute minor late in the third. The refs were going with the Canadian/NHL rulebook for late in the game and OT, which is to say whistles buried firmly in the pocket...

Reactions: guyzeur

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The more I look at that replay, the more annoyed I get at the non-call on the trip. He put the stick in his skates and tripped him - that is tripping, all day every day, regardless of the clock and the situation. It led directly to a grade A scoring opportunity...

Reactions: Senovision

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Don't see it either. This board didn't like Gustavvson who was way better at the same age. They'll hate Levi. Really bad 2nd and 3rd round for the sens in 2020 in my opinion. Traded Niemela and Hrvonen for Kleven. Jarventie over Peterka. Not good.
They traded Kleven for picks not those players. Ottawa would never have drafted those guys and frankly all 3 will have challenges being effective NHL'ers.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They traded Kleven for picks not those players. Ottawa would never have drafted those guys and frankly all 3 will have challenges being effective NHL'ers.
Why wouldnt they have picked them?..... If not what does that say about the scouting team. The 2nd and third round do not look good.

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
Why wouldnt they have picked them?..... If not what does that say about the scouting team. The 2nd and third round do not look good.
You need to stop following the Leaf hype. Both those guys will not make the NHL. Too small, and skating while average is not enough to make up for size. while Klevin certainly has the skating and size to have a chance.

Reactions: aragorn

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Hirvonen is 4 inches too short and Niemiela is very slight. They're 100% Dubas type players and 0% Dorion.

I really like Niemela as a player, not sure if he will stick in the NHL though. I know the game is changing and allows for more skill where undersized players can thrive, but size still matters. Kleven doesn't have anything close to Niemela's skill, but he's bigger and faster and that allows him to compete in a different way.

I don't mind what they got in round 2 and 3. Yeah Peterka would've been nice, but they just drafted an energy guy the pick they had before in Grieg. Jarventie has a skill that's rare and is a high risk/high reward pick. Ottawa has always been criticized for making safe picks and when they don't do it, they get criticized again. Can't win really.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Congrats to Kent Johnson with the Gold Medal winning goal.
His game has come a long way in the past 2 years. Look forward to see how he does in the NHL. CBJ have built a nice team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mason McTavish

4d464d898006f910d9dd3a67773c42c1.gif

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Merilainen struggled and got supplanted in the final 2 games, but otherwise a very good campaign for the Sens prospects, with The Riddler and Boom Boom being obvious standouts. Ostapchuk and Hamara are barely scratching on the surface, while K-Train does K-Train things and has such intriguing tools to curve out a mean bottom pairing D with some Mann time.

Sens prospects factory still intriguing to follow, future depth keeps improving.

Reactions: Emrasie and aragorn

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You need to stop following the Leaf hype. Both those guys will not make the NHL. Too small, and skating while average is not enough to make up for size. while Klevin certainly has the skating and size to have a chance.
Has absolutely nothing to do with leaf hype. I knew that draft inside and out i did some work with an OHL team then due to the pandemic my job stopped and I had to isolate at home for 35 straight days with nothing to do i watched alot of video. I liked them both before the draft and both have developed really well. I dont care which team drafts which prospects it doesnt effect my evaluations. I hated the sens draft after the first round at the time and its proven to not be very good two years later.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Has absolutely nothing to do with leaf hype. I knew that draft inside and out i did some work with an OHL team then due to the pandemic my job stopped and I had to isolate at home for 35 straight days with nothing to do i watched alot of video. I liked them both before the draft and both have developed really well. I dont care which team drafts which prospects it doesnt effect my evaluations. I hated the sens draft after the first round at the time and its proven to not be very good two years later.

You could be right but it's still a bit early to say that it's "proven". Kleven and Jarventie are projects, will be a few years before it's clear

Reactions: armani

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4