Pre-Game Talk: World Juniors Summer 2022

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Greig should pull himself from the rest of the tournament. I want him healthy for training camp.

He has done his job admirably but needs to think of himself and his future. Canada will medal without him.

Reactions: bicboi64

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Kleven looking good so far
Hamara has been ok but has kinda given the puck away on some passes exiting the zone but is continuing to play his game and is improving as the game continues

Hamara playing with Jiricek
Both Hamara and surprisingly Kleven are nice skaters with Kleven showing some nice rushing skills

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's improved a lot and I've had more opportunities to watch him. Way more involved in the play. I still wish they had picked Peterka and thats why I didn't like the pick and where that comment originated from. If you could be consistent with going back and cherry picking posts to try and make someone look bad id I'd appreciate it. It's situations like this where people go back into threads from months ago and Pic specific comments to skew a current conversation that turn me off from posting in general.

Not much context needed for someone calling Jarventie an absolutely horrid pick. Especially praising Cuylle right after, not Peterka.

I was praising your growth and change in perspective. Not sure why you so defensive, you literally admitted to not having watched him enough before when you made that initial post. He hasn't really improved a lot to go from horrid to praiseworthy. He's been a good prospect between both posts made.

Reactions: Sweatred

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

When you hear that... on the same team that has MacTavish and Bedard killing it. It's special.

Greig is unique. He plays up to the level that is required of him. He plays a calculated game(bit of risk physically though). It is why people were being so pessimistic after his last WJC showing with Shane Wright, he doesn't play shootout game, he thrives in structure. It will be why he will be a hell of an NHLer; why he was one of the best in his past few games in AHL as 18 year old dominating the last game almost scoring a hat trick with plethora of chances and holding his own physically.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not much context needed for someone calling Jarventie an absolutely horrid pick. Especially praising Cuylle right after, not Peterka.

I was praising your growth and change in perspective. Not sure why you so defensive, you literally admitted to not having watched him enough before when you made that initial post. He hasn't really improved a lot to go from horrid to praiseworthy. He's been a good prospect between both posts made.
I like Jarventie, but I would have taken Cuylle over both of those guys too, in fact, I think I was hoping for the Sens to draft Cuylle, he is a hell of a player who does a whole lot of everything including scoring, didn't he have an 80 pt season in Windsor last yr?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Because you picked one post of many from 8 months ago in a conversation that has been going on for 2 years. It makes it look like my current scouting report in invalidated which it isnt as the player has absolutely improved. You could have just continued on with the current discussion. Secondly to suggest that saying i prefer Cuylle is a bad call like its a forgone conclusion that Jarventie will be better is pretty short sighted. Jarventie is likely top 6 or bust where Cuylle will be an NHL player. He doesnt have the upside but his floor is way higher. In context the Jarventie selection still looks very poor in terms of choosing him over Peterka. That being said Jarventie is progressing and I think for him to become an NHL player we all need to have alot of patience myself included. Overall I am happy to see his improvement.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Hope Greig is ok,
Z.O has a good tournament in his role.

Good game again from Hamara, very calm and good decision making with the puck.
Jarventie, this TOI.. He should see more ice time, it's not like he was a liability on D, or shy on the boards, i don't understand.
I think Roby can be a really good player in the NHL if he put all tools together, he is far from it, but we can see the upside. And compare to the 2020 WJC it's not the same player, maybe pressure was too much for him as a youngster.

Kleven , he is solid ok but aside that? US outscored opponents 24-6, so i expected at least a little more.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
For people who have watched the games, how does Kemell look?

Really impressive stats so far but those can be misleading.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Hope Greig is ok,
Z.O has a good tournament in his role.

Good game again from Hamara, very calm and good decision making with the puck.
Jarventie, this TOI.. He should see more ice time, it's not like he was a liability on D, or shy on the boards, i don't understand.
I think Roby can be a really good player in the NHL if he put all tools together, he is far from it, but we can see the upside. And compare to the 2020 WJC it's not the same player, maybe pressure was too much for him as a youngster.

Kleven , he is solid ok but aside that? US outscored opponents 24-6, so i expected at least a little more.

Kleven is like Volchenkov/Gill type player.

Big guy, can skate well, decent pass but thrives at clearing the net, laying bit hits and has a bomb of a shot. Don't expect big totals ever with this guy.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Kleven is like Volchenkov/Gill type player.

Big guy, can skate well, decent pass but thrives at clearing the net, laying bit hits and has a bomb of a shot. Don't expect big totals ever with this guy.
I don't expect big totals but being rating 0 , with US outscoring opponents 24-6 is disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad