Pre-Game Talk: World Juniors Summer 2022

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
K I legit do not understand what is happening here. Wtfnis this. The wjc from the winter being replayed?

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Anyone know what's going with Ostapchuk? He hasn't been in the lineup for any of the evaluation scrimmages

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Okay so it’s just being replayed then? When is it exactly?
Oh so we're not doing a double WJC every year where the summer is a try out for the main camp. That's almost what I thought was happening with HC trying to milk the tournament even more.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Anyone know what's going with Ostapchuk? He hasn't been in the lineup for any of the evaluation scrimmages

I haven't seen an explanation. He and a handful of other players, including pretty high-end prospects like Othmann and Gaucher, were named to camp but didn't participate. Now, there were other players named to camp who didn't participate, including Savoie and Geekie, but they were listed separately as non-attendees on the camp roster. My best theory is that Ostapchuk and a few others didn't end up going in the end (Gaucher, for one, was definitely not there) and will instead be at camp with the summer team.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I haven't seen an explanation. He and a handful of other players, including pretty high-end prospects like Othmann and Gaucher, were named to camp but didn't participate. Now, there were other players named to camp who didn't participate, including Savoie and Geekie, but they were listed separately as non-attendees on the camp roster. My best theory is that Ostapchuk and a few others didn't end up going in the end (Gaucher, for one, was definitely not there) and will instead be at camp with the summer team.
Wait isn't this current camp for the standard, Dec/Jan tournament that is coming up? So shouldn't he be here if he is hoping to crack the line-up?

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Wait isn't this current camp for the standard, Dec/Jan tournament that is coming up? So shouldn't he be here if he is hoping to crack the line-up?

Yeah, the camp that just concluded was for 03s and 04s in consideration for the 2023 team (Dec/Jan). Ostapchuk was named to that camp, but didn't play in any of the games and there was no explanation for his absence.

Meanwhile, there is the August tournament coming up, which will mostly be carrying over players from the 2022 team (e.g. Ridly Greig) but will also have spots to fill. So one theory is that Hockey Canada held out a collection of players from the 2023 Summer Camp (e.g. Ostapchuk, Othmann, Gaucher) who will instead go to camp with the 2022 team and perhaps play on that team.

Reactions: OD99

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
No Boucher in today's scrimmage for the 2022 team. Not a good sign if you were hoping to see him in August.

This guy has so much fuel to motivate him he's going to spontaenously combust. We're going to have to go form sleeping on him to in a coma on him :laugh:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Imagine spending a 10th OVR pick on a player and he can't even make the Team USA inter-squad game :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad