Prospect Info: World Juniors II: Sweden Drops the Soderbomb

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Canadians can only hang on to hockey for so long.
Only a matter of time before it's US domain.
LOL, the US will win a world cup in soccer before they become the world leading hockey nation. And they're lifetimes away from that.

Reactions: newfy

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
LOL, the US will win a world cup in soccer before they become the world leading hockey nation. And they're lifetimes away from that.
You're right. The U.S. has yet to make the finals in 90 years. Fun fact, in the 1950 Brazil/Uruguay match, there were 199,834 spectators in attendance. 199K+ not a typo. I would have thought England would've won more, guess not.

Brazil (5), Germany & Italy (4 each) own this.
upload_2021-1-5_0-18-46.png

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Telus v Chipotle for gold. Thinking the Mexican grill is gonna come up short.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Don't think so.

Canadian player share is currently 43.1% and regressing every year. Only 4 years ago there was still +50% of canadian players. US share is 28.1% and growing. They will catch at some point.

Great Britain was once the leading hockey nation. And Sovjet Union too. Times will change.

But who cares about US or CAN player shares, Finland is the real Leading hockey nation in overachieving. :)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
At this point I expect Canada to do the same thing to the USA as Canada did to Russia.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
At this point I expect Canada to do the same thing to the USA as Canada did to Russia.

I wouldn't be shocked if that prediction came true. I think a game like this where the U.S. will miss having a sparkplug like Nick Robertson. Everything is going to have to go right for U.S and A to win. It wouldn't hurt if Cole Caufield could break out.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Easy bronze for Finland.

This Bronze game was like whole tournament. Bad start but getting better as time goes by.

Lundell 7 games, 6+4=10 points.

Captain and Game-winner in last game. Good kid. Damn good.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Easy bronze for Finland.

This Bronze game was like whole tournament. Bad start but getting better as time goes by.

Lundell 7 games, 6+4=10 points.

Captain and Game-winner in last game. Good kid. Damn good.
Out-coached the Russians. Askarov was really good tonight, fins were better and kept it simple too. Tons of deflections and rebound shots. Lundell is a stud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad