Prospect Info: World Juniors II: Sweden Drops the Soderbomb

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
It could be because Canadians predict themselves to go 7-0 seemingly every year. They might this year, I still think USA has plenty for them if they get there.

I don't necessarily believe the hype at this point, especially absent seeing your goalie against real competition. I thought they would wind up in the Bronze game.

Unfortunately I was pretty sure one of the European teams would win this, not looking great for later as a USA fan. My Gold Medal game might wind up in the Bronze. But I thought Russia would take care of business in this game, they need to get it sorted in a hurry.
Hockey is the one thing us Canadians get to be arrogant at. I thought as an American you'd understand that.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The Hlinka and U18s are his age group.

If he rolls out next year and wins this tournament he still shows that just like I am hoping Knight does as a USA fan...

He plays for the best team outside of the NHL in SKA and does it with a sub 1.00 GAA this year.

Price was getting replaced by Halak once upon a time because he wasn't consistent enough in net. The position is volatile, but I am convinced Askarov will round into one of the greatest goalies we have seen. I think him and Knight are the next Vasy and Gibson, I like them even a little more. We shall see, but he is labelled the best of all the recent Russian netminders and it is for a reason despite what people that have seen him play 8 games on TSN think.

Price wasn't playing at this age yet, his same age season is next year.

I will take Shesterkin over Askarov any day of the week and twice on Sundays when it comes to Russian goalie prospects or prospects in general.

I bet you were saying something similar after last years tournament when Askarov shit the bed.

Wins the tournament, in the last 10 years Russia has won 1 gold medal. What makes you think they are going to beat Canada, Finland or the US next year? A goalie that crumples under pressurs 2 years in a row is going to save them?

Yah he is young and has lots of time to develop. He has a long way to go before he plays in the NHL and an even longer road to come close to Price level. Despite some scouts and media making these dumb comparisons. We hear stupid comparisons all the time and they almost never come true.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

You know, Team USA has not been impressive.
THey scored some goals against Sweden (bad goalie) and then stopped playing.
They didn't look so hot against Slovakia.
And now this? Outshot for half the game. Score two quick goals to take the lead and then they quit playing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You know, Team USA has not been impressive.
THey scored some goals against Sweden (bad goalie) and then stopped playing.
They didn't look so hot against Slovakia.
And now this? Outshot for half the game. Score two quick goals to take the lead and then they quit playing.

They have to know they will get steamrolled if they don't bring their best game against Canada. I think we will see their best game in the Gold Medal game.

Reactions: MBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad