GDT: World Juniors 2019 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Kravtsov is playing center like a third defenseman in his own zone.
If they start there, one of the D always pinches up on the breakout and Kravtsov stays back. Infuriating.

Reactions: Fvital92

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov is playing center like a third defenseman in his own zone.
If they start there, one of the D always pinches up on the breakout and Kravtsov stays back. Infuriating.

I understand people want to see him shine as the flashy forward who controls everything in the O-zone but Kravtsov playing as a 2-way center in this tournament is huge. The coaches trusting him that much and him looking quite good in that role as a traditional playmaking winger, shows you how versatile he is and it can have a positive impact on his career

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I understand people want to see him shine as the flashy forward who controls everything in the O-zone but Kravtsov playing as a 2-way center in this tournament is huge. The coaches trusting him that much and him looking quite good in that role as a traditional playmaking winger, shows you how versatile he is and it can have a positive impact on his career

I'm more upset with the russian D-men to constantly pinch on the breakout.

Reactions: Fvital92

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It’s still kinda a stupid move in the sense that they aren’t maximizing the talents of their players. In other words, Kravtsov being a solid 2-way C isn’t as good for Russia as Kravtsov driving their offense from his natural position.

It’d be like the Sharks permanently moving Burns back to forward. Yeah, he’d still be effective, but you’re better off getting Norris caliber play from him at D. That’s an extreme analogy, but it’s the same idea.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kravtsov has been playing really high without the puck. Almost at the point. It just looks wrong. I really wish we could see him at wing.

Was just gonna post this. He has been the high man all 3 games seems to be worrying more about that than anything. It really limited him. He’s not a center at all.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
3-2 now but not impressed at all by the Russians. Podkolzin a horrible turnover on the 3rd swiss goal.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Hopefully it will be good for his development, but it's pretty stupid coaching by Bragin. He is their best player by a wide margin at this tournament, you have to maximize his strengths.

BTW, Russia's defense is horrible.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
3-2 now but not impressed at all by the Russians. Podkolzin a horrible turnover on the 3rd swiss goal.
The whole team has 0 chemistry, especially between the defense and forwards. Everyone’s playing for themselves and not as a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad