World Juniors 2016 - No Habs prospects

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
On a game to game basis that was one of the most fun WJC in a good while. Not a lot of dull games and very few ridiculously lopsided ones.

So the Russian captain apparently broke the timekeeper's hand with his stick swinging antics.

I saw a picture of his hand and it looked real nasty.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So the Russian captain apparently broke the timekeeper's hand with his stick swinging antics.

I saw a picture of his hand and it looked real nasty.

That is insane. I wonder what he said or did to get the misconduct in the first place?
Nobody touched on that at least during the game and immediate aftermath.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I just got back from Kauppatori where there's probably 1000 finns out celebrating the win in -20 conditions. About 10 of them climbed Havis Amanda chanting ''suomi on uusi mailmaan mestari'' and shooting off fireworks. Great game and a fitting celebration. :laugh:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I just got back from Kauppatori where there's probably 1000 finns out celebrating the win in -20 conditions. About 10 of them climbed Havis Amanda chanting ''suomi on uusi mailmaan mestari'' and shooting off fireworks. Great game and a fitting celebration. :laugh:

Congrats to your country, you guys really deserved it ! :handclap: . If you see Saku, tell him we said hi ;)

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Congrats to your country, you guys really deserved it ! :handclap: . If you see Saku, tell him we said hi ;)

I'm Canadian, just living in Finland, but if I see him I will definitely relay the message on behalf of all habs fans ;). It's seriously so cool to see another country this pumped about hockey. Finland has a bright future in this crop of young players.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
This tournament beats the NHL in entertainment factor. Every single year.

I MUCH prefer the international ice surface, as well.

And I LOL'd at Saku's Breakfast Club-like fist pump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad