World Juniors 2016 - No Habs prospects

Dec 2, 2010
Not Juolevi's best.

Why Puljujarvi over Laine? For me it's not that close. Outside of skating, everything else goes in Laine's favour.
Laine's decision making has always been his problem. JP sees the ice better and reads the plays faster. 2 great prospects but JP is a lot more polished.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd take Laine if I'm picking for the Habs. We don't have a goal scorer like him anywhere in the system and haven't for a long long time

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd take Laine if I'm picking for the Habs. We don't have a goal scorer like him anywhere in the system and haven't for a long long time

If I had to bet I think Pul would be the guy to get depending on how much bigger and stronger he gets.
It's silk against steel.
they are both spectacular.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Why Puljujarvi over Laine? For me it's not that close. Outside of skating, everything else goes in Laine's favour.

I used to have Puljujarvi ahead by a fair margin but after this tournament and Laine's production in the Liiga this year I have them pretty much at the same level. JP is smoother in most aspects but Laine has that killer shot and a flair for the dramatics. Both are plus prospects, you really can't go wrong with either. Lets just say It's a great year to suck in the NHL :laugh: .

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Laine's decision making has always been his problem. JP sees the ice better and reads the plays faster. 2 great prospects but JP is a lot more polished.

I like Laine's hockey sense better + he can score from anywhere. IMO Puljujarvi holds on to the puck for too long at times. I agree that Puljujarvi is further along in his development but I think it goes to show how much potential Laine has. I wouldn't hesitate to take Laine before.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Oh man...we're not going to hear the end of it by the Leafs fans.....:laugh:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Who said that 2016 draft won't be as spectacular? 1st round will again be something else.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Congrats to Finland. Tremendous tournament on their part. I can't think of any of their game that wasn't extremely exciting from start to finish. Some terrific talent. Great job hosting the tournament, plenty of people to watch the games. Kudos.

Congrats to Russia too. Lose the gold medal at the last second again this year but so much grit on that team.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Shame this tournament will be in cities like Toronto and Montreal where nobody gives a s**t and where prices will be crazy.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
separated at birth

jesse-puljujarvi.jpg

890262-samuel-morin.jpg

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Incredible what a small country of 6M population can do! So proud my team won, I've been a fan for years! What a moment, what a game against the allmighty imperialist Russian squad! I'm so happy!

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
For Montreal to maybe have a few people in the stands during the preliminaries....may the Habs drafts Finns, Swedes and Czechs that will make this team.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
For Montreal to maybe have a few people in the stands during the preliminaries....may the Habs drafts Finns, Swedes and Czechs that will make this team.

Won't make a difference...we had a few last year. Fucale, Reway, de la Rose, Lehkonen off the top of my head.

Casual fans in Montreal care about stars, not players that might become stars. Whether they're Habs prospects or not.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Won't make a difference...we had a few last year. Fucale, Reway, de la Rose, Lehkonen off the top of my head.

Casual fans in Montreal care about stars, not players that might become stars. Whether they're Habs prospects or not.

Well I was there when Canada played Slovakia....and it wasn't filled....but it was okay. Not saying it would be full...but you have let say more chance to at least attract prospects fans....Admit it though....this preliminairy group looks awful. Maybe Finn vs Swedes will get more attraction.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
On a game to game basis that was one of the most fun WJC in a good while. Not a lot of dull games and very few ridiculously lopsided ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad