U20: World Junior Summer Showcase 30 july - 4 august

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Bah gawd...again?!? I thought they’d have this stuff under control by now. Years ago, it was much less of a problem.
Bah gawd...again?!? I thought they’d have this stuff under control by now. Years ago, it was much less of a problem.
We need a bit of a breeze to blow the haze out, but it's been pretty still the last few days. Of course if the breeze gets up the fires get fanned......

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sad to hear that. The interior of BC is a beautiful place, they need to get a grip on their wildfire situation.

It's freakin gorgeous out here and the summer weather is incredible, sun every day but wildfires are a huge problem now. Not much you can do about it though, after about 60 days of nearly zero rain and 30 plus sun all it takes is one stray cigarette butt or one 5 minute thunderstorm with lightening and it can all begin in an instant, the whole place is a tinderbox like california.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Is anyone else having problems with the ads on this site? they are taking up over half the screen for me now, a real pain in the ass.

I understand they have to have ads here to keep the place running and I had no problem with it over the years because they weren't intrusive but suddenly it's gone overboard, it is ruining the whole experience of being here.

There has to be a reasonable limit with ads for the user.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Is anyone else having problems with the ads on this site? they are taking up over half the screen for me now, a real pain in the ass.

I understand they have to have ads here to keep the place running and I had no problem with it over the years because they weren't intrusive but suddenly it's gone overboard, it is ruining the whole experience of being here.

They are getting a little out of hand. I use Adblock, it helps a little but not completely.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
They are getting a little out of hand. I use Adblock, it helps a little but not completely.

It's brutal for me, there is this one ad for a clothing company and it drops down half way over the screen and covers about a quarter of the forum sections, you hit the x to get rid of the ad but as soon as you start to scroll down it pops right back up doing the same thing. The ads were always here but they were never a problem because they did not take over the board, now it is like a computer virus.

I understand the ads being there but not like an octopus taking over the screen with it's tentacles.

I don't care what money they might be getting for letting this go, it's a terrible experience for the user of the site.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Fantastic!!

Hopefully we will get some reports from you on guys like Lafreniere, the Hughes brothers and so on. Wish I could go.

Lafreniere is at U18 Hlinka camp. unless there was breaking news I'm not aware of ....on vacation. so am little bit out of the loop.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

sorry, I couldn't read your post with the massive Chevy truck add blocking 2/3rds of my damn screen!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad