U20: World Junior Summer Showcase 30 july - 4 august

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Tournament played in Kamloops, British Columbia, at the Sandman Centre. Teams include Finland, Sweden, USA 2 teams and Canada 2 teams that will combine into 1 team for the actual tournament. TSN will broadcast tournament games but not the pre-tournament ones.

Schedule

Pre-tournament:
Monday 30 july
16.00 Sweden - USA Blue
19.00 Finland - USA White

Tuesday 31 July
13.00 Finland - Sweden
16.00 USA Blue - Canada White
19.30 USA White - Canada Red

Actual tournament:
Thursday 2 August
13.00 Sweden - USA
18.00 Finland - Canada

Friday 3 August
13.00 Finland - USA
18.00 Sweden - Canada

Saturday 4 august
14.00 USA - Canada
17.00 Sweden - Finland

Canada Roster : Canada announces roster for World Junior Summer Showcase
Finland Roster : Leijonat.fi - U20 matkustaa turnaukseen Kanadaan - Tässä joukkueen kokoonpano!
Sweden Roster : http://www.swehockey.se/globalasset...-july-august-2018/roster_swe_jul-aug_2018.pdf
USA Roster : 2018 WJSS | U.S. Roster

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I hope not a single secondary assist is recorded for Team USA after last year’s scorekeeping fiasco. :popcorn:

Also, it looks like the Euro teams are leaving their big guns at home.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
As a Stars fan I'll be keeping an eye on Ty Dellandrea, Jason Robertson and Oskar Back but if y'all have anyone in particular to look out for let me know. Phiilipsj89 above mentioned the Hughes Brothers. Michael Rasmussen is another player I'm interested to see in action.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Yes, the Swedish and Finnish rosters looks like they are trying out guys for their WJC teams, and leaving the "locks" off their rosters.

I would say they are evaluating new guys, there quite a few really good prospects that are worth price of admission. Adam Boqvist being the most prominent for Sweden probably. But there other interesting names on Swedish team: Berggren, Elvenes (had really good season in Allsenskan and SHL), Hallamder, a few of 1st rounder Ds from last draft. A lot of them I would say are "locks". Finland has Kakko on the roster, I would say at least top 5 for next years draft, and Honka will most likely also go in the 1st as well. They also have Kupari and Ranta from last draft.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
quite alot top 90 picks on this swedish roster:

1st round:
Boqvist
Lundkvist
Johansson
Lundeström

2nd round:
Berggren
Olofsson
Hållander
Westerlund
Gustafsson
Ginning

3rd round:
Zetterlund
Bäck
L.Karlsson

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns are missing (Heiskanen, Tolvanen), Vesalainen, Nordgren, Kotkaniemi, Ylönen, Heponiemi, Ikonen, Pajuniemi, Virtanen, Moilanen, Vaakanainen, Jokiharju, Räsänen, Annunen, (Lundell)

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Finns are missing (Heiskanen, Tolvanen), Vesalainen, Nordgren, Kotkaniemi, Ylönen, Heponiemi, Ikonen, Pajuniemi, Virtanen, Moilanen, Vaakanainen, Jokiharju, Räsänen, Annunen, (Lundell)

That's 16 players. How many of these guys make the WJC team?

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
There was streams prior seasons, I have not seen a thing for this one though.

The OP mentioned that TSN is doing some broadcasting in Canada. I just looked up TSN schedule, and they do list all 3 USA games Aug 2 - Aug 4. I am a bit puzzled that USA games are given such priority. I wonder if the broadcast is in fact commissioned by a US based network and TSN is just picking it up in Canada.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The OP mentioned that TSN is doing some broadcasting in Canada. I just looked up TSN schedule, and they do list all 3 USA games Aug 2 - Aug 4. I am a bit puzzled that USA games are given such priority. I wonder if the broadcast is in fact commissioned by a US based network and TSN is just picking it up in Canada.
TSN has very limited content in the summer since they don't have significant MLB rights (Sportsnet has all Jays games) and there is only exhibition soccer and MLS. Their main draw is the CFL which very few people outside of Western Canada care about.

Every game is getting aired live, except the last Finland vs Sweden game, which will be delayed by 2 hours (but will probably be on TSN go). The exceptions to this are the half-team games.

In short, I doubt its commissioned, TSN is just desperate for content, in the last 3 weeks I've seen them pick up the Amazing Race and air Cool Runnings.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
TSN has very limited content in the summer since they don't have significant MLB rights (Sportsnet has all Jays games) and there is only exhibition soccer and MLS. Their main draw is the CFL which very few people outside of Western Canada care about.

Every game is getting aired live, except the last Finland vs Sweden game, which will be delayed by 2 hours (but will probably be on TSN go). The exceptions to this are the half-team games.

In short, I doubt its commissioned, TSN is just desperate for content, in the last 3 weeks I've seen them pick up the Amazing Race and air Cool Runnings.

Yeah, I only saw TSN1 games the first time. Went back and looked again - the rest is on TSN2, perhaps because of conflict with CFL games.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

In all fairness Cool Runnings moves along better than the average MLB game

Reactions: Jesse86436

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Out for dinner at a local hotel tonight and it looked like the Swedish Team were staying there. I hope they are enjoying the hot weather and the haze over the valley from the wildfires <l>.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Out for dinner at a local hotel tonight and it looked like the Swedish Team were staying there. I hope they are enjoying the hot weather and the haze over the valley from the wildfires <l>.

Bah gawd...again?!? I thought they’d have this stuff under control by now. Years ago, it was much less of a problem.

Reactions: ffh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad