Prospect Info: World Junior Hockey Championship 2018

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Lindstrom looked great for the Swedes. Not as skilled as some of the other guys there but smart and made a bunch of solid plays both offensively and defensively.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I got to watch the first game and the first period of the second game until work got in the way, sounds like Finland had a rough day. At least I get to watch a player tonight, at least Setkov has a big role so we'll be able to see him on the ice a lot.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Finland got beaten up by Canada in the first period, and Kotkansalo didn't look the best. I think he got scored on twice, although one goal shouldn't have counted, apparently. In a super-fast game, he looks a bit slow.

Both Lindstrom and Kotkansalo are longshots to be NHLers, IMO.
Seems crazy to say that so soon after a draft. But never have I beeb so down on 2nd and 3rd round picks this soon after a draft.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Hughes on the ice for 2 goals for already. Continues to do what he does at U of M - keep the puck in the offensive zone seemingly on end and somehow end up on the ice for plenty of goals for but doesn't ever seem to get rewarded with the points that come from the goals he's integral to.

LOL, Hughes on the ice for a 3rd goal for.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yea it's so nice to watch Hughes play for once, kid is as majestic a player as I've seen in a while.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Hughes is so overrated on this board. Must be the Michigan thing.

They’re raving about him on the main thread and no one is biased toward Norris or Lockwood. Norris has been a disappointment to me all year actually.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Hughes looks good (against Denmark, anyway). Kind of reminds me of Torey Krug in Boston. I think he'll be a top 4 defenseman at minimum in the NHL. I'm not sure if he's the next Brian Rafalski, though.

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
Hughes looks dynamic but he is so little, 5'9 looks very generous.

I am very impressed with Setkov, he's a very good skater for his size, and has a great stick defensively. Although, he's not physical at all.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Neither Hughes or Norris looked good against MSU in East Lansing. Hughes is an excellent skater though.

Yeah, bad games happen. This is, if I'm not mistaken, my 8th time seeing Hughes and he has yet to have a bad game. Norris has been meh all year and Lockwood has had some good nights but still not that impressive overall.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Hughes looks good (against Denmark, anyway). Kind of reminds me of Torey Krug in Boston. I think he'll be a top 4 defenseman at minimum in the NHL. I'm not sure if he's the next Brian Rafalski, though.

I'm thinking a Krug type of guy
And that's nice. But it has its limitations, too.
Do you take that top 5 overall?
Eh, I don't think so.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
You don't see it? His skating/puckhandling/passing game is absolutely elite. He has very good hockey sense, and he's creative, too.

Well, based on this last game, Mittelstadt is the next Wayne Gretzky.

Let's see how good Hughes looks against competition.
Against big forwards behind his own goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad