World Junior Championships Thread - Garand, Othmann, Cuylle win GOLD!

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I do love McTavish, wish we had him centering Laf, hahaha, but lets not get crazy about him being an immediate force in the NHL or more impactful than Laf.
Laf had 2 ppg in the U20 in his D year, McT didn't make the U20 in his D year, he did have 2.4 in his D+1 year which was actually more like D+1.5 by when it was held, 8 months later than usual.
I think he will eventually be a very good NHLer. Hopefully him not being a dominating player right off the bat makes the Anaheim fans as dumb as some of us and they panic, label him a career 3/4th liner bust and pressure the Ducks to trade him to us... hahaha

Reactions: gabevh3

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
That McTavish play is pure luck. Swung his stick in desperation. It was pure happenstance.

And to use that play to come up with some convoluted Lafreniere comparison. I'll bet McTavish can't hold Lafreniere's jock when all is said and done.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That McTavish play is pure luck. Swung his stick in desperation. It was pure happenstance.

And to use that play to come up with some convoluted Lafreniere comparison. I'll bet McTavish can't hold Lafreniere's jock when all is said and done.
Well, it's luck, will and skill intersecting, but yes a LOT of luck. Hahaha.
Yeah, I don't see McTavish being as good a player when all is said and done as Lafreniere, but stranger things have happened.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005

Is it just me or does he resemble jt Miller?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
As great as McTavish' play was, let's not pretend it wasn't 99% luck.
Not to speak to the McTavish play, this is exactly how I feel about every save a goalie makes using the shaft of their stick.

Commentary crews would genuinely have you believe that a goalie meant to stop the puck with the knob of the stick.

1661287924516.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Right spot and right time. One might also say MacTavish made his own luck.....which is something not to be underestimated. He saved Canada's bacon with that. He also led the tournament in scoring by a margin. I expect him to be a really good player and very possibly better than a Zegras and almost probably a better 200' player than Zegras.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Whose spot would Othmann occupy for the nine games?
Gauthier or Hunt are the most likely candidates, but we would need to waive one of them, as we aren't going to carry 23 on the roster. I can't imagine they would risk losing one of them for nothing just to give Othmann 9 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad