GDT: World Junior Championships Roster Thread

Aug 3, 2010
I love how often on HF in general I see posters calling each other 'diluted' like everyone has drank too much water or has had an eye examination lately requiring the use of pupillary eye drops, instead of deluded.

Oh native English-speakers, you crack me up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I love how often on HF in general I see posters calling each other 'diluted' like everyone has drank too much water or has had an eye examination lately requiring the use of pupillary eye drops, instead of deluded.

Oh native English-speakers, you crack me up.
:laugh::laugh:

and the winner is.... Siggy!

DomeFoams

Jun 27, 2014
LW - C - RW
Dal Colle - McDavid - Virtanen
Domi - Reinhart - Fabbri
Klimchuk - Petan - Ritchie
Dickinson - Gauthier - Baptiste

Extra: Point or Chartier

LD - RD
Nurse - Bowey
Morrissey - Theodore
Morin - Bigras

Extra: Hicketts

G
Comrie
Fucale

This is my best shot at he roster with no NHL players being available. The top 2 forward line wingers could probably be interchangeable. Think it would have been good to invite at least one other Goalie to camp but way she goes i guess.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
LW - C - RW
Dal Colle - McDavid - Virtanen
Domi - Reinhart - Fabbri
Klimchuk - Petan - Ritchie
Dickinson - Gauthier - Baptiste

Extra: Point or Chartier

LD - RD
Nurse - Bowey
Morrissey - Theodore
Morin - Bigras

Extra: Hicketts

G
Comrie
Fucale

This is my best shot at he roster with no NHL players being available. The top 2 forward line wingers could probably be interchangeable. Think it would have been good to invite at least one other Goalie to camp but way she goes i guess.

Really like your roster except the fourth line. Not a big fan of Gauthier

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Without any current NHL players my roster would look as such

Robby Fabbri - Connor McDavid - Michael Dal Colle
Morgan Klimchuk - Sam Reinhart - Jake Virtanen
Max Domi - Nic Petan - Nick Ritchie
Nick Paul - Rourke Chartier - Nick Baptiste

Extra - Jason Dickinson

Darnell Nurse - Madison Bowey
Haydn Fleury - Sam Morin
Josh Morrissey - Chris Bigras

Extra - Travis Sanheim

Eric Comrie
Zach Fucale

I think it's likely that only Anthony Duclair gets loaned out, in which case slot him in Klimchuk's spot and move Morgan down in place of Paul or Dickinson.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Despite the season to date I'm still a huge fan of Haydn Fleury and would like to see him make the team. I also agree with an above poster on Gauthier, I wanted him at the draft but when I see him lately he looks off.. like slow. Beyond that is anyone surprised Strome isn't in the conversation at this point?

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Not to Hommer too hard, but is there any good reason why we think they didn't even bring Mason McDonald out to camp? He has international experience and I think last year showed that Fucale isn't necessarily a bad choice but they aren't even looking at other tenders.

Maybe I'm just a really big fan of our always earned never given mantra, and after seeing what lack of competition can do for spots on the Oilers even with their level of natural talent, it has me concerned that Team Canada would be letting entitlement into their process like that.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not to Hommer too hard, but is there any good reason why we think they didn't even bring Mason McDonald out to camp? He has international experience and I think last year showed that Fucale isn't necessarily a bad choice but they aren't even looking at other tenders.

Maybe I'm just a really big fan of our always earned never given mantra, and after seeing what lack of competition can do for spots on the Oilers even with their level of natural talent, it has me concerned that Team Canada would be letting entitlement into their process like that.

Juniors have a tendency to lean on older goalies. I feel Mason will get a chance in a years time (if he's even age elig, I didn't even check).

Goalies have been our junior question for a while.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Who do you guys go for for the goalie situation? Personally I'd start with Fucale, he's doing well on a poor defensive team. Also he played pretty good at the Juniors last season.

I'm just glad Paterson is gone!

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Saw this on the WJC board:

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 1m1 minute ago

Anthony Duclair, The Duke of Broadway, will be going to World Juniors for Team Canada #NYR

Drouin has 3 assists in his last 11 games and he's getting scratched tonight again, maybe JUST maybe he'll be loaned?!?

Imagine a Drouin-McDavid-Duclair line, unstoppable!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ah, I remember the Gaudreau/Drouin poll I first created on the main board about a year ago and got blasted for it. While Drouin is still the better prospect in my mind, I don't think it would be nearly as lopsided now as all the people that didn't know are getting a first hand look at Johnny's all world skill.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Ah, I remember the Gaudreau/Drouin poll I first created on the main board about a year ago and got blasted for it. While Drouin is still the better prospect in my mind, I don't think it would be nearly as lopsided now as all the people that didn't know are getting a first hand look at Johnny's all world skill.

Will be interesting to see how many points Drouin puts up when hes 21.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Klimmer didn't last very long. Too bad, would love to watch him. I catch him once in a blue moon only, and have never been blown away by him to be honest.

I feel he's one of these guys who will be a better professional than junior, know what I mean?

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Meh I was really hoping to in addition to watching Canada getting to see one of our prospects this year. Pretty disappointing.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Klimmer didn't last very long. Too bad, would love to watch him. I catch him once in a blue moon only, and have never been blown away by him to be honest.

I feel he's one of these guys who will be a better professional than junior, know what I mean?

Not really. He seems to be going backward

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

While I like Morgan as a player, I've always felt he was kind of slow for a guy that's sub 6 feet. He just doesn't have anything about his game that makes him stand out against the crowd. He is smart, and makes good plays. But he's not dynamic in any way really.

Our other prospects all have something to offer. Ferland- sweet hands and a physical force, Sven - great vision, Johnny- dangle, granlund- smarts, Poirier- speed, aggression, and a cannon, Jooris, speed and heart.

Last edited:

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
While I like Morgan as a player, I've always felt he was kind of slow for a guy that's sub 6 feet. He just doesn't have anything about his game that makes him stand out against the crowd. He is smart, and makes good plays. But he's not dynamic in any way really.

Thats all fine but how is he moving backwards?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Thats all fine but how is he moving backwards?

Yeah sorry, I don't think he's going backwards. He's just not having the best year. Not showing the growth you would like. That said he made team Canada's selection camp for a reason. Still lots if time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad