World Junior 2024 News

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Is there a source on these changes? I was looking at the 2023/2024 IIHF rule book and the penalty rules look like the classic PP rules

1702583797941.png

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Minor penalties no longer end on a power play goal, but they do end on a shorthanded goal.

If a goal is scored during a delayed penalty, the penalty is still called.

If a team gets scored upon with a man advantage, they don’t deserve to be on the PP? LMAO
That would have been fitting for NB last night. Maybe a penalty shot for SSM would have been more fitting

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

The 2024 IIHF World Junior Championship will be a conflicted tournament for former Ottawa Senators centre Radek Bonk.

Bonk, who represented his native Czechia on the international stage three times in his career, will switch allegiances this year as his son, Oliver, will be representing Canada

“When it comes to the World Championship, I’ve always leaned towards Czechia,” Bonk told TSN1200 on Friday. “I always said unless Oliver is on Team Canada, Czechia will have a soft spot in my heart. Canada always seems to be up there and winning, but for Czechia it’s very rare to be in the final.

“It’s still an honour, I consider myself half-Canadian anyways. Czechia is my No. 2 for this tournament, and obviously Canada is my No. 1. I’m going to cheer for Canada and my son do to well and bring home the gold.”

Oliver successfully made Canada’s World Junior team on Thursday after a four-day selection camp in Oakville, Ont. The 18-year-old was born in Ottawa and though he played some minor hockey in Czechia as a child, he elected to represent Canada in international play.

The 6-foot-2 right-shot defenceman was drafted 22nd overall by the Philadelphia Flyers in last June’s draft and has six goals and 30 points in 28 games with the Ontario Hockey League’s London Knights this season.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Poitras was a healthy scratch last night.
The coach says they're giving him planned rest games due to the schedule... but it definitely makes things interesting heading into next week.

Regardless I don't think they can afford to send him back to Guelph.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Owen Beck and Owen Allard make me so happy together. Beck must love having someone with speed with him.

I’m sure Beck moves up in the lineup but I’m loving it LOL

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Finns weren't exactly the chopped liver one analyst had in a write up. It's not like they were out of this game at all. Canada needs a few more players to step up. Lunch pail gang this tourney. They are going to have to earn their wins with 60 minutes of hard work and discipline.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
For Letang to not put Rehkopf on what has thus far been an inept pp, when everyone in this league realised after game 10 he was going to win best shot and goal scoring title is just asinine. I hope Razor gets a hat trick every remaining game vs the sting. No one on this roster has yet shown me a shot in the same league as Carson's.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
For Letang to not put Rehkopf on what has thus far been an inept pp, when everyone in this league realised after game 10 he was going to win best shot and goal scoring title is just asinine. I hope Razor gets a hat trick every remaining game vs the sting. No one on this roster has yet shown me a shot in the same league as Carson's.
Letang must listen to a lot of broken records. Kept sending the same players out making the same mistakes and getting banged around by the Swedes the whole damn game. I guess some coaches have a broken switch and the light bulb doesn't come on. 5 shots in the 3rd period. One shot in the first ten minutes of the 3rd. Out coached for sure. Swedes played a great game limiting the Canadian chances.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
Letang must listen to a lot of broken records. Kept sending the same players out making the same mistakes and getting banged around by the Swedes the whole damn game. I guess some coaches have a broken switch and the light bulb doesn't come on. 5 shots in the 3rd period. One shot in the first ten minutes of the 3rd. Out coached for sure. Swedes played a great game limiting the Canadian chances.
Nelson should also be getting more ice time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad