World Junior 2024 News

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
This feels like one of the worst OHL crops in a while for the Canadian team - I've seen a bunch of roster projections with under 5 OHLers.

Reactions: Ferda11

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
From Guelph, Buchinger is on the list - well deserved.
Also, notably, Poitras is absent.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Here is the roster, as one of the links in the article is broken:

OHLers:

DiVincentiis
Bonk
Buchinger
Donovan
Nelson
Allard
Barkey
Beck
Cowan
Ludwinski
Rehkopf

30 players in camp, need to make cuts still

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
This feels like one of the worst OHL crops in a while for the Canadian team - I've seen a bunch of roster projections with under 5 OHLers.
Might be too early to say depending on the final cuts but this take aged like milk REALLY fast. I still think at least 3 of the OHLers will be cut but 10 invitees is much better than I expected.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
From Guelph, Buchinger is on the list - well deserved.
Also, notably, Poitras is absent.
Pretty normal for NHL/Pro players to not be included on the initial lists. Wouldn't read into that too much. Usually the pro teams make the decision to release those players for the tournament closer to the pre-tournament games.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Just an FYI, that link appears to be dated from September 18th 2023. I don't think that's the final roster.

Reactions: HockeyPops

BiffTannen

Oct 2, 2022
Going to be a battle on D for Canada. I think Luneau, Lamoreaux and Mateychuk are likely the only locks, the rest completing the 7 or 8 D will be a big battle in camp. The wildcard being if Korchinski gets sent to tourney by Chicago.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I know this thread is more for news/updates, but I wanted to post this...

If you ever get a chance to go to any event related to the WJC, whether that's pre-tournament, preliminaries, medal rounds, relegation, etc., take it. I was lucky enough to get to a pre-tourney game in Oshawa several years ago and the atmosphere was unreal. I was then very lucky and got to see the 2016 tournament in Helsinki, which still blows my mind. From the food to the people, the atmosphere to the hockey (big games or lesser ones), there's nothing like it. I met people from across Canada and Finland that I still talk to. It took a ton of planning and stuff but it was all worth it. I can't recommend the experience enough.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Ik it’s early but looking at the selections I don’t think we medal
I do agree we seem to be a bit underwhelming on paper which is highly unusual for Team Canada. Of course the magic question is what do the other countries look like? I think we medal but it's going to be a battle for sure will be interesting how we respond when not being a clear Gold medal favourite?

Reactions: HF92

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

Canada's hopefuls will face a team of USports players on Tuesday and Wednesday before the final cuts are made.

Reactions: barriers

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I will be away in Fiji and Bali -would there be any feeds I could buy to watch Canada?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00