World Cup: Sep 3 GDT - Slovakia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I hate to jump off the bandwagon, but I'm just not very enthused about the U.S. team right now. They're getting walked on defense and can't muster up much offense. Esche is the only reason the games have been close on the scoreboard. I think Slovakia's going to bring it and the U.S. going to roll over-AGAIN. I predict a 4-1 victory for the Slovaks.

Last edited:

Solak

Dec 24, 2003
Rochester, MN
Visit site
Esche

Rabid Ranger said:
I hate to jump off the bandwagon, but I'm just not very enthused about the U.S. team right now. They're getting walked on defense and can't muster up much offense. Esche is the only reason the games have been close on the scoreboard. I think Slovakia's going to bring it and the U.S. going to roll over-AGAINN. I predict a 4-1 victory for the Slovaks.

I just read that DiPietro is getting the start tonight to give Esche a break.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Joe Solak said:
I just read that DiPietro is getting the start tonight to give Esche a break.

I don't think goaltending is going to be the issue here. If the U.S. wants to win this game, they'll have to:

1) Have a great start.
2) Keep up the physical pressure.
3) Play smart.
4) Finish they're chances.
5) Stay out of the penalty box.

SChan*

if US lose this game they will find themselves against Canada in the quarterfinal. I bet neither Canada or USA want that. Russia can win the group too, but Canada is likley to do it.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
SectionX said:
if US lose this game they will find themselves against Canada in the quarterfinal. I bet neither Canada or USA want that. Russia can win the group too, but Canada is likley to do it.

The US could actually end up against Canada even if they win tonight and Russia loses to Canada. That would happen if Slovakia ends up beating Russia (not too unlikely) and the US has the worst goal difference.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
I don't think goaltending is going to be the issue here. If the U.S. wants to win this game, they'll have to:

1) Have a great start.
2) Keep up the physical pressure.
3) Play smart.
4) Finish they're chances.
5) Stay out of the penalty box.

Score.

They'll be good getting chances because the Slovaks only have 2 defensemen, and no goaltending. USA should win 5-2.

People think Slovakia will walk all over the USA? Sorry, I'm a big fan of Slovaks, but that's not going to happen, they will have to score at least 4 goals to win any game because they are such a one-dimensional team...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
forbesy said:
TSN has learned that Brett Hull will be a healthy scratch versus Slovakia....

I'm not surprised. He hasn't done much of anything so far. I would have thought he would be a key weapon on the PP, but that hasn't happened. I wonder how he feels about this? I also wonder if this is just to get some younger legs in the line-up, or a true reflection of his play?

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
3-0 USA!

Reason?----Rick DiPietro, he will be the main reason the US wins ALL their remaining games--ala Richter 1996 :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad