Pre-Game Talk: World cup of hockey 2016 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Of the three goals scored on Hank this game, only really one has been a bad goal and on him.

Matthews/Trocheck goals were weird and not really much he could have done about them. Gaudreau goal was...not great.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Of the three goals scored on Hank this game, only really one has been a bad goal and on him.

Matthews/Trocheck goals were weird and not really much he could have done about them. Gaudreau goal was...not great.

So you think the goal Gaudreau scored was a bad goal given up by Lundqvist? :help:

Did you see the move he put on him? Give credit to the shooter on that one man. It's a breakaway, the shooter has the advantage.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So you think the goal Gaudreau scored was a bad goal given up by Lundqvist? :help:

Did you see the move he put on him? Give credit to the shooter on that one man. It's a breakaway, the shooter has the advantage.

Lundqvist committed too early on the save. Johnny caught him out on it and went around.

Just because it's a breakaway doesn't mean a goaltender can be 100% forgiven of a goal against.

I think Hank could have been better on that one.

But he's been a tank since.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

Without commentary on the goal that Gaudreau scored, you're already in mid season form Nev.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Lundqvist committed too early on the save. Johnny caught him out on it and went around.

Just because it's a breakaway doesn't mean a goaltender can be 100% forgiven of a goal against.

This is essentially where Henrik would say

"I think I played well but I have to be more patient."

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

I hear ya, but that move by Gaudreau would have faked most anyone out. Very hard not to bite on that.

He's been putting on a show today.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
You're going to have to work harder and harder as the head of the HL defense committee as Henrik eventually declines as he approaches 40.

I've always defended Hank when necessary, and called him out when he's at fault, but as traditional and more recently, advanced statistics have shown, he rarely is.

Yes, as he ages, he will decline but i don't see that happening for at least another couple years.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Do shooters really have the advantage on breakaways?

How many shooters successfully convert 50% or more of their breakaways or penalty shot attempts?

Gaudreau's goal was the nasty, but I don't know if I'd absolve a goalie of every breakaway or shootout goal 'just because'. But that's me :dunno:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Hope that NA wins this now
Semifinals

Canada vs North America
Sweden vs Europe

North America vs €urope in the finals

The End of Nations
Imagine...

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Henrik is pissed right now. He'll be thinking about that poke check for the next 36 hours.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He'll be pissed but that was a pretty nasty move by MacKinnon and Hank might have still made the save if it wasn't top shelf

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
He'll be fine with letting in a goal. He played great. He'll be pissed that he wasn't patient enough and waiting it out instead of jumping for the poke check. Whenever Henrik lets in a goal because he wasn't patient enough. It'll eat at him like crazy. Good stuff for him to get loose before the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad