GWT: World Cup - Group A (Netherlands and Senegal Advance)

Who Advances?

• Qatar

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 66 97.1%
  • Senegal

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Ecuador

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's ridiculous that there is no adaptability in your mind. No wonder why Barcelona has faltered so badly, if what you're insinuating is true.
I have no say in who barca buy so what I think is irrelevant. Guido wouldn’t be good for barca like at all.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I have no say in who barca buy so what I think is irrelevant. Guido wouldn’t be good for barca like at all.

I think he would be a fantastic ball stopper for them. Doesn't need to be a gifted playmaker; just needs to be a work horse (like he is) and get the ball to Barca's young attacking midfielders to do the playmaking.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think he would be a fantastic ball stopper for them. Doesn't need to be a gifted playmaker; just needs to be a work horse (like he is) and get the ball to Barca's young attacking midfielders to do the playmaking.
Why busi is so valued because of how good he is on the ball. It’s integral to how they want to play. He’s anti press and a great ball distributer not really a playmaker ala a deep lying pirlo. His job is to keep the ball moving and keep possession. Something Guido would never be able to do.

If I’m barca I’d look at zubi

Reactions: gary69

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Why busi is so valued because of how good he is on the ball. It’s integral to how they want to play. He’s anti press and a great ball distributer not really a playmaker ala a deep lying pirlo. His job is to keep the ball moving and keep possession. Something Guido would never be able to do.

If I’m barca I’d look at zubi

Good option but the more expensive one too.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He’s nowhere near Partey and Xhaka who probably is the best midfield in the world nowadays. But you have to watch Arsenal day in day out to see that.

I agree, he’s so much better than Partey and Xhaka that he’s nowhere near them. Still waiting on that La Masia master list of yours.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If I were Barcelona I would have gone after Soler, Guillamon, Guido, Merino...

Wouldn‘t take a single one of them over De Jong and per your original post few of the other signings were realistic or made sense. Now I would consider dumping a guy like Kessie in a swap for Soler.

de Jong lacks agility and is a terrible finisher, but everything else he does close to perfection, ball control, through balls, short passes. I also don't see him as a DM, not aggressive enough for the position, he's better as a number 8. He's also capable of playing passes like the winning goal in the first game, which very few players can play. You take the good with the bad.

I largely agree, but “terrible finisher” is a bit much and I wouldn’t say there’s a lot of bad. As for being the DM, I’d lIke to see him get a run. I think he’s better with a double pivot setup, but despite his lack of aggression he actually puts in work defensively.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hoping for an Ecuador win so we can continue to watch the Brighton boys make things happen.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ecuador and Senegal are both likeable teams. Sad they have to go head-to-head at the end of the group like this so I can only hope for another exciting match in the realm of yesterday's first two

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea that's a pen. Live the announcers seemed confused a game was happening and totally missed it. Just "and there's a collision and the referee points to the spot" in a totally monotone voice.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wonder how Senegal will respond. Will they try to keep controlling the game or will they bunker down knowing now if they draw the second half they move on.

Beautiful pen too. Not only did he freeze the keeper he powered it into the side netting so that even if the keeper had guessed right and dove for it it had a good chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad