OT: World Cup 2022 (Human Rights Optional) - Let's Get Stoned!

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I mean, yes, f*** FIFA and f*** Qatar (in the context of their human rights record), but go POLSKA.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thatcher Venmo paying his respects.

C130651F-8123-465A-895C-531A8058B586.jpeg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Embarrassing picks to follow.

Group A:
Senegal
Netherlands

Group B:
England
USA

Group C:
Argentina
Poland

Group D:
France
Denmark

Group E:
Spain
Germany

Group F:
Croatia
Belgium

Group G:
Brazil
Switzerland

Group H:
Uruguay
Portugal

R16:
Senegal v USA
England v Netherlands
Argentina
v Denmark
France v Poland
Spain v Belgium
Croatia v Germany
Brazil
v Portugal
Uruguay v Switzerland

QF:
Senegal v Argentina
Spain v Brazil
Netherlands v France
Germany
v Uruguay

SF:
Argentina v Brazil
France v Germany

3rd place:
Brazil v France

Final:
Argentina v Germany - Messi's revenge
Should have waited on the Mane news before making these predictions. :laugh:

No way Senegal wins the group now, but they still may escape the group. Would change the knockout stage bracket quite a bit....

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I know nothing about Counter-Strike and as you know I’m a brand new Quackverse guy.
As a new member of the Quackverse you are required to read up on the #Lore and history of the Quackverse.

It was in the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to when signing up.

Please make your fine check payable to the Quackverse League Offices or hit up Cap’s Venmo.

• Haha
Reactions: BigToe and Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Counter-Strike.

Are you not in the Quackverse?
I know nothing about Counter-Strike and as you know I’m a brand new Quackverse guy.
It's just that I've been exposed to them them through Counter-Strike, but they seem to be awful in general.

Ultra-aggressive, insanely obnoxious, constantly sending death threats to any fan/player/media who beats or criticizes pro Brazilian teams/players, and the second anyone responds in any way they immediately play the victim and swear everyone is just racist against Brazillians.

As another example, I recently learned that many are hyper-homophobic in the weirdest ways. I probably can't go too far into that on here, but it's really strange. Like how the number 24 is associated with that and if a player is disliked by the coach or is being punished, they're forced to use that number.

(obviously this is a generalization and doesn't apply to all of them, but for the sake of my anti-Brazil schtick, we'll pretend it does)

They also just had a CS Major in Brazil (the CS version of the Superbowl, basically) and it was a disaster, as expected.

• Wow
Reactions: BigToe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's just that I've been exposed to them them through Counter-Strike, but they seem to be awful in general.

Ultra-aggressive, insanely obnoxious, constantly sending death threats to any fan/player/media who beats or criticizes pro Brazilian teams/players, and the second anyone responds in any way they immediately play the victim and swear everyone is just racist against Brazillians.

As another example, I recently learned that many are hyper-homophobic in the weirdest ways. I probably can't go too far into that on here, but it's really strange. Like how the number 24 is associated with that and if a player is disliked by the coach or is being punished, they're forced to use that number.

(obviously this is a generalization and doesn't apply to all of them, but for the sake of my anti-Brazil schtick, we'll pretend it does)

They also just had a CS Major in Brazil (the CS version of the Superbowl, basically) and it was a disaster, as expected.

There was a guy in the GDT yesterday saying people around here put all the blame Tortorella and don't criticize Fletcher enough.

I was going to tag you because I felt you should know there's someone left who thinks you haven't yelled about Fletcher enough, but it also felt so much like a supervillain origin story that I decided to sleep on it. I guess what I'm saying is clearly you've been slacking.

• Haha
Reactions: Striiker

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There was a guy in the GDT yesterday saying people around here put all the blame Tortorella and don't criticize Fletcher enough.

I was going to tag you because I felt you should know there's someone left who thinks you haven't yelled about Fletcher enough, but it also felt enough like a supervillain origin story that I decided to sleep on it. I guess what I'm saying is clearly you've been slacking.
Sir, we don’t Flyer in here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad