Denmark: World Championship 2015

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Don't kid, we all know what's going to happen in that game. #HansenWeNeedYou

at least we have hardt to knock their heads off and oliver to be push them around and be annoying.

I know it's a thin hope but I really REALLY could use a positive surprise from a Mr. Nielsen if he goes out tonight...but I think he is playing injured already.

edit: the Islanders are out of the po. Frans with the only islanders goal

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hehe..I know, but you can't..We are danes(you are a dane by extention when it comes to the national team)...Danes don't do optimism.

Thats true, I just Think my hopes are very low, so im prepared. With exception to the jr boys, the NA season has been dissapointing if you ask me..

Something is wrong when Imgoingnucks are the optimist of this board :laugh:

Lighten up boys. We'll beat Norway this year. I can feel it.

:laugh: Damn, my reputation !

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Good potential news. Oliver Bjorkstrand has declared himself as good as ready to go if he goes out of the Playoffs and the national teams calls.

"Lige nu tænker jeg selvfølgelig mest på slutspillet her. Men jeg har da overvejet situationen, hvis vi ryger ud og landsholdet ringer, så vil jeg ikke sige nej, så står jeg selvfølgelig klar"

"Det vil selvfølgelig være en stor ære at få lov at spille for senior-landsholdet, så hvis de giver mig et opkald, og jeg er frisk, så tager jeg med glæde med, hvis de vil have mig med til VM«, siger Portland-spilleren."

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
This is on paper a weak team by Danish standards. I thing we're gonna fight hard to avoid relegation.

Not to worried with NA's not coming. Wasn't expecting them and besides Frans, I don't think they could make a difference in such short time. I'll trade all of the NA's for a PP and BP where everybody knows what they're doing, D-pairs knowing each other minimizing mistakes and goalies gaining confidence. That comes with the work the current roster gets done these next days. That's not to say that I'm confident, that they'll get it done. It's just where the excitement should be.

I think there's three teams we can beat/end above. Belarus, Norway, Slovenia. So the games of interest will be:

Round 1:
Belarus-Slovenia

Round 3:
Denmark-Belarus

Round 5:
Slovenia-Norway

Round 6:
Denmark-Norway

Round 7:
Denmark-Slovenia
Belarus-Norway

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Good potential news. Oliver Bjorkstrand has declared himself as good as ready to go if he goes out of the Playoffs and the national teams calls.

"Lige nu tænker jeg selvfølgelig mest på slutspillet her. Men jeg har da overvejet situationen, hvis vi ryger ud og landsholdet ringer, så vil jeg ikke sige nej, så står jeg selvfølgelig klar"

"Det vil selvfølgelig være en stor ære at få lov at spille for senior-landsholdet, så hvis de giver mig et opkald, og jeg er frisk, så tager jeg med glæde med, hvis de vil have mig med til VM«, siger Portland-spilleren."

Bjørkstrand's series is tied 1-1. The possible dates for Bjørkstrands exit from the playoffs:

May:
1st: Winterhawks game #5
2nd: Denmark game #1(vs. Slovakiet)
3rd: Winterhawks game #6
3rd: Denmark game #2(vs. Finland)
5th: Winterhawks game #7
5th: Denmark game #3(vs. Belarus)
6th: Denmark game #4(vs. Russia)

So Bjørkstrand could be anything from a early addition to mid-way joker with jet-lag.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
And just to finish the triple post... I'm I the only one surprised to see both Bjørn Uldall and Nicholas B. Jensen in the final roster above guys with experience such as Rasmus Nielsen and Philip Bruggisser?

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
This might still end in disappointment but frans has said he feels ready for the wc. The decision is now up to the Islanders...gotta love his commitment no matter what.

http://mobil.dr.dk/smartphone/#artikel/sporten/oevrig_sport/2015/04/28/0428230231.htm

Bank - I did not expect na reinforcements but the loss of larsen and Lassen really hurt. have to admit that I don't know the two in expirienced guys enough to comment. how have their seasons been? I would applaud the decision if it's based on form

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
And just to finish the triple post... I'm I the only one surprised to see both Bjørn Uldall and Nicholas B. Jensen in the final roster above guys with experience such as Rasmus Nielsen and Philip Bruggisser?

I like what I've seen from Uldall, but I haven't been impressed with Nicholas B. Jensen going by the friendlies in recent weeks. I would have taken both Bruggisser and Rasmus nielsen - in that order - over Nicholas B. Jensen. And he's already carrying an injury, so that doesn't help...

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
This might still end in disappointment but frans has said he feels ready for the wc. The decision is now up to the Islanders...gotta love his commitment no matter what.

http://mobil.dr.dk/smartphone/#artikel/sporten/oevrig_sport/2015/04/28/0428230231.htm

Bank - I did not expect na reinforcements but the loss of larsen and Lassen really hurt. have to admit that I don't know the two in expirienced guys enough to comment. how have their seasons been? I would applaud the decision if it's based on form

Ulldahl is rumoured to go to Allsvenskan in the next season, so he must have performed quite well in Blue Fox. It said on their website today that he is leaving Herning, but not where to.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I get a hot Bjørn Uldall or Nicholas B. Jensen. But then I'd take a guy who knows what's gonna happen and knows what he's going into to supplement him. From what I've seen from Bjørn Uldall his debut on the WC is expected.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Hehe was watching some interview ahead of tomorrow's game and the boys seem to be ready and positive. Mads Bødker btw seems like one of the happiest people alive

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I see the paper scream doom and death but I like the weak-on-paper-big-on-heart-approach that seems to be in the roster. Speed, hard work and a sound defensive effort is a game that suits our top 6 forwards and our well rounded D-pairs. A garbage goal or two will be needed though :)

Plus we have two goalies with nice seasons behind them. That's something. Let's see where it takes us :)

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
We have been underdogs before and surprised, and I cannot see why it will not happen again this year.
I would much rather have a hard working team without a star, than a team where the other players expect the star to do everything and don't do much themselves.
We do need luck, but I also believe that we have the quality as a team to beat any of the other "small" hockey nations in our group and secure survival.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So first game against Slovakia today.
Probably the game, where we can see if our goalie (with all likelihood Galbraith) is in form.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Great first game IMO!

Galbraith was stellar with the exception of the third goal. He's ready to play and take a lot of shots. Huge.

The defensive structure was great - especially in the first 30 minutes. Oliver Lauridsen looks more mobile and him and Daniel Nielsen found each other great I thought. Both played big minutes and had to fight and battle where the energy and skills came up short.

Emil Kristensen and Jesper B. Jensen looks smart, cool and their transitions decisions looks better. Mads Bødker and Markus Lauridsen are a little short on muscle and can still sharpen up on the break out but they looks solid.

The Madsen-Jakobsen-Hardt-line looked really great. Working hard. Two goals. Can be trusted with all kinds of zone starts and play a really smart game. Storm-Jensen-Bjørkstrand were good in the Slovaks zone but were prone to getting stuck in their own zone or messing up their travel to the offensive zone. Still clearly these two lines are our best lines.

M. Poulsen-Green-Spelling did nothing for me today. To often left the ice with the puck on Slovak sticks or for a faceoff in our zone. The fourth line picked up a bit as the game went along but they suffered from the same thing. Their objective have to more than losing the puck on the other side of our blue line.

Both special teams looked well coached and disciplined. Good patience and movement on the PP and good decisions on the BP.

Also great to see that even though the boys completely ran out of gas half way through manage to come back twice after being steamrolled. That's some of the character we're gonna need when the going get's tough in the last games.

Overall a very promising first game :)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Great first game IMO!

Galbraith was stellar with the exception of the third goal. He's ready to play and take a lot of shots. Huge.

The defensive structure was great - especially in the first 30 minutes. Oliver Lauridsen looks more mobile and him and Daniel Nielsen found each other great I thought. Both played big minutes and had to fight and battle where the energy and skills came up short.

Emil Kristensen and Jesper B. Jensen looks smart, cool and their transitions decisions looks better. Mads Bødker and Markus Lauridsen are a little short on muscle and can still sharpen up on the break out but they looks solid.

The Madsen-Jakobsen-Hardt-line looked really great. Working hard. Two goals. Can be trusted with all kinds of zone starts and play a really smart game. Storm-Jensen-Bjørkstrand were good in the Slovaks zone but were prone to getting stuck in their own zone or messing up their travel to the offensive zone. Still clearly these two lines are our best lines.

M. Poulsen-Green-Spelling did nothing for me today. To often left the ice with the puck on Slovak sticks or for a faceoff in our zone. The fourth line picked up a bit as the game went along but they suffered from the same thing. Their objective have to more than losing the puck on the other side of our blue line.

Both special teams looked well coached and disciplined. Good patience and movement on the PP and good decisions on the BP.

Also great to see that even though the boys completely ran out of gas half way through manage to come back twice after being steamrolled. That's some of the character we're gonna need when the going get's tough in the last games.

Overall a very promising first game :)

I was really proud to see the fight. I sense a kind of stubborn sense in the players that we belong in this division, and that they just don't care that we have a weaker roster than usual. Almost like they won't believe that we can go down.

Great attitude, and we showed great mental strengh. The team spirit is obvious.

Galbraith was simply stunning. Best game I have seen from him in a very very long time for the national team.

Julian Jakobsen won some vital faceoffs at times and our two first lines seem to have great chemistry.
And Nicklas Hardt shows how important and clutch a player he is. He just works so hard but tends to step up just when we need it. We really missed him last year.

I agree on the Green line...I think we could see some changes here. Im extremely biased but I would like to see Staal in the line up.
Will say that spelling was the best of the three. He did show some flashes.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I was really proud to see the fight. I sense a kind of stubborn sense in the players that we belong in this division, and that they just don't care that we have a weaker roster than usual. Almost like they won't believe that we can go down.

Great attitude, and we showed great mental strengh. The team spirit is obvious.

Galbraith was simply stunning. Best game I have seen from him in a very very long time for the national team.

Julian Jakobsen won some vital faceoffs at times and our two first lines seem to have great chemistry.
And Nicklas Hardt shows how important and clutch a player he is. He just works so hard but tends to step up just when we need it. We really missed him last year.

I agree on the Green line...I think we could see some changes here. Im extremely biased but I would like to see Staal in the line up.

To add to the equation Nicklas Jensen and/or Oliver Bjørkstrand could be on their way. Neither would break the first two lines IMO. So that would leave a lot of names for the coach to together in a meaningful way.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
To add to the equation Nicklas Jensen and/or Oliver Bjørkstrand could be on their way. Neither would break the first two lines IMO. So that would leave a lot of names for the coach to together in a meaningful way.

I'm skeptical about jensen..He seems to have stalled...but I look forward to the possible addition of oliver...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Very happy for the point, less happy that I was not able to see the game, so thanks to you all for your match info. It's seems that Galbraith's playoff form is holding up......

Let's hope they as a team don't end burning up all the energy for the really important matches ahead.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
As mentioned yesterday, great result, and overall im pleased. I was just baffled at the fact that they ran so much out of gas so quickly. It really shocked me.

The fact that they were able to come back shows character, yes! But against the Russians or the US, this wont work.

Defense was good when taking into consideration the players we have, same with goaltending.

Offense was severly lacking at times. ALMOST had 0SOG in the 3rd. Untill we got a few off in the last minutes.

Sorry for the sour grapes guys, but I feel it is important to the diskussion that some of the bad is also added.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
As mentioned yesterday, great result, and overall im pleased. I was just baffled at the fact that they ran so much out of gas so quickly. It really shocked me.

The fact that they were able to come back shows character, yes! But against the Russians or the US, this wont work.

Defense was good when taking into consideration the players we have, same with goaltending.

Offense was severly lacking at times. ALMOST had 0SOG in the 3rd. Untill we got a few off in the last minutes.

Sorry for the sour grapes guys, but I feel it is important to the diskussion that some of the bad is also added.

Yeah since it's a long tourney with 3 important matches later on, it's quite worrying.
The result though is fantastic, keeping in mind the team we have for this WC.
Important point against Slovakia considering that Belarus also stole a point from them, until losing in OT

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad