Olympics: Women's Tournament

SayNoMore*

Marie - Philip Poulin with both goals too. People compare her as the woman's Sidney Crosby, it definitely is true, she's only 18, she can fly and she has a rocket of a shot. The first goal was on and off her stick in a milisecond top corner. What a beaut!!
Plus, she's hot.

03272.jpg

Smokies430

Nov 21, 2009
thanks CTV.....i'm recording the men's curling match to watch later and they put up who won in a popup that I can't help but see. guess I don't have to watch it now :(

Smokies430

Nov 21, 2009
Is it just me or are half of the penalties called just one on one battles that someone goes down on? Let the girls play :yo:

Ken Jones

Dec 30, 2008
too many pps. this game needs more hitting, less face shields. this has probably been asked to death already, but why no body checking and why full face shields?

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
I can't believe the US didn't score this period. They dominated large parts of this period. They need to screen Szebedas (sp?). She's on fire and is gonna grab any shot she can see coming.

Smokies430

Nov 21, 2009
too many pps. this game needs more hitting, less face shields. this has probably been asked to death already, but why no body checking and why full face shields?

They don't want body checking I think because the US and Canada players are so much stronger on their skates that it would even be more difficult for other countries to compete against them (if that's possible)

SayNoMore*

I know I am in the minority on this thread, but I definitely prefer (watching) women's beach volley ball.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Who care if it's boring were gonna beat the US for gold that's what matter's more

HISTORY

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Congrats to the women. There's some skill on the girls side that shouldn't be ignored but some of the passes they make... seriously? And it needs to become more than a two team competition before it can become interesting.

It'd be easier to watch if Cassie Campbell could talk about anything other than herself. I kind of liked her on HNIC and I know she's passionate about women's hockey, it's just overkill in a Pierre McGuire way but not funny.

Did anyone see the men's team after they won? Who killed their dogs?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I still say there should be a pre-tournament for the 1st and 2nd place team (always going to be USA or Canada obviously) and then just have a 7 game series between them for the olympics. It seemed like Sweden was becoming competitive, but that seems to be gone now.

Obviously if it came down to this they would just take it out of the olympics though, but seriously, not even a competition.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Hockey is Hockey, but man its a massive difference. The slow pace is really hard to watch sometimes. Its nice to watch, but it really needs to get competitive

You think so? I always thought that women hockey was faster because there is less grinding and physical contact, at least when the US and Canada play.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
What happened to this thread?? It's no longer a Sticky thread. It should be since it's the only women's tourney thread.

It was a great women's tournament and that USA/Canada gold medal game was better than 90% of NHL games.

When is the next Women's Hockey World Championships and is there any coverage at all??

BlueMonk

May 16, 2007
Detroit, MI
www.letsgowings.com
Congrats to Team Canada on winning the Women's Gold Medal. Hell of a game and a really hard fought contest.

Massive respect to the Canadian crowd for chanting USA! USA! during the Americans' medal award. Pure class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad