Olympics: Women's Tournament

BlackAces*

Maybe I am just not seeing it, but we might as well start a thread for the hard working ladies of women's hockey.

I am watching Sweden and the Swiss right now, and it has been more entertaining than I expected ( or I am just bugging out for some Oly hockey:laugh:).

But seriously, not bad, scratches the itch a little. The boards look cool, and the rink looks nice and bright.

I can't wait till Tuesday.

Jeff Babchuk

Jan 15, 2010
within my bubble
Maybe I am just not seeing it, but we might as well start a thread for the hard working ladies of women's hockey.

I am watching Sweden and the Swiss right now, and it has been more entertaining than I expected ( or I am just bugging out for some Oly hockey:laugh:).

But seriously, not bad, scratches the itch a little. The boards look cool, and the rink looks nice and bright.

I can't wait till Tuesday.

I concur with all said. :)
A slightly paler performance from the Swiss team than I expected,
but the Swedish ladies are good. Works as "warm-up".
:nod:

BlackAces*

I concur with all said. :)
A slightly paler performance from the Swiss team than I expected,
but the Swedish ladies are good. Works as "warm-up".
:nod:

Women's hockey is definitely taking strides. We are never going to see the same game as the men, but is has its own unique charm, at least at the Olys.

Good to see some other countries getting better.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Rather slow pace, and the Swiss seem to have trouble moving the puck effectively, however it is hockey. So I'll take it. :nod:

BlackAces*

Man, if this reffing is any indicator of the quality we will see, that is scary (Yes, I know it isn't the same group of refs).

The Swiss just got robbed of a goal, and there is no logical reason as to why the ref lost the puck. Brutal.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Man, if this reffing is any indicator of the quality we will see, that is scary (Yes, I know it isn't the same group of refs).

The Swiss just got robbed of a goal, and there is no logical reason as to why the ref lost the puck. Brutal.

Hopefully they get all the bad calls out early on. :p

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I had that game on a little earlier.

I just couldn't do it. The commentating alone could have put me to sleep. I tried watching them play hockey and all I could think was the word "boring".

I've spoiled myself with professional hockey, men's hockey. This was just too slow for me to watch. I'm now watching speed skating (kind of, it's on in the background).

If they broadcasted women's hockey at 1.3 times it's original speed then it might be bearable in terms of pace.

I'll probably force myself to watch when it's canada, or the medal round in general. Good on most of you who seem to be able to stand watching it.

BlackAces*

I had that game on a little earlier.

I just couldn't do it. The commentating alone could have put me to sleep. I tried watching them play hockey and all I could think was the word "boring".

I've spoiled myself with professional hockey, men's hockey. This was just too slow for me to watch. I'm now watching speed skating (kind of, it's on in the background).

If they broadcasted women's hockey at 1.3 times it's original speed then it might be bearable in terms of pace.

I'll probably force myself to watch when it's canada, or the medal round in general. Good on most of you who seem to be able to stand watching it.

I normally feel the same way. Maybe I'm just starting to appreciate it more for what it is, than wanting it to be the equivalent to the men's game (there really is no comparison, and that is to say the least).

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackAces*

I am more impressed by the Swiss...they battled hard. Got some rough breaks, but kept motoring.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hockey is Hockey, but man its a massive difference. The slow pace is really hard to watch sometimes. Its nice to watch, but it really needs to get competitive

I think that's part of what is lacking without the physicality, it doesn't seem very competitive because it lacks that sort of emotion. Still better than the stuff they had on the main NBC channel.

Not when you're hungry!:p:

Subway made my sandwich today! :handclap: It was a woman working there, however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad