WJC's

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
People really wanted to trade Gaudreau for Cozens and I just don't see it with him.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He had 16 points in 7 games. What else would you like?
Cozens doesn't have the extra gear. He'll be a complimentary winger, in the NHL. Zegras is the only forward, on either of these teams, that looks like he could step into the NHL.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I wasn't impressed with the Zary meltdown at the end there where he threw a verbal fit on the ref.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Better competition where you can't inflate your stats.
So you’re asking for something he can’t provide yet? I’m not saying to trade him for Johnny, just that it seems ridiculous to write him off for whatever reason. He looks good so far, he is a strong prospect. He put up over 2 PPG and was behind Zegras who is widely considered the top F prospect.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Meltdown is a huge overstatement. It's a gold medal game, shame on him for showing any emotion :help:
What? Yes, it was a gold medal game and emotions happen, doesn't excuse him freaking out on the ref in any way.
And meltdown is not an overstatement in the least...actually it might be too nice.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
It’s a 19 year old kid playing in a frustrating, tight checking game, who has the puck on his stick and the goalie flopping around with a chance to get his team within one and the ref blows the play down because he was out of position and didn’t know what was happening. Not to mention this is the biggest, pressure filled stage he has played in. Not trying to excuse it, but there’s been worse from 30 year old NHL’ers in regular season games. Nothing to see here IMO.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There are a lot of things that would concern me about a player's attitude during a situation late in a huge game where you're losing. Losing your cool on the ref after he makes an error that disadvantages you is pretty low on the list. I'm not sure why that would concern us as Flames fans. .

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I loved him screaming at the ref. It's the biggest game of his life to date and the ref blew the whistle when the puck was still loose. I'd have been irate too.

That's what I thought too. But my brain must be slow because while my brain was still registering that the whistle had gone early, Zary seemed to already be escalated to screaming, "GTFO my face!" at the ref.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There are a lot of things that would concern me about a player's attitude during a situation late in a huge game where you're losing. Losing your cool on the ref after he makes an error that disadvantages you is pretty low on the list. I'm not sure why that would concern us as Flames fans. .

Yeah...woke....take up figure skating if you want class with no vinegar.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I guess I'm alone on this boat...I love passion for sure, but I expect a certain type of behaviour as well.
Passion does not mean complete disresepct for officials. I coach hockey & football and I make it clear to my players that abuse to officials is not something I want to see.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I guess I'm alone on this boat...I love passion for sure, but I expect a certain type of behaviour as well.
Passion does not mean complete disresepct for officials. I coach hockey & football and I make it clear to my players that abuse to officials is not something I want to see.

Hmm... I also want to point out that there's a difference between yelling at the official vs insulting the official. If Zary called the official an effin idiot or something like that (which honestly speaking is pretty pedestrian of players in general), sure, your point stands completely. But he yelled non insulting profanity at the official (and TBH for a while I was wondering if he was actually yelling at the player beside him). That seems far super low on the rung of anything considered abuse of official.

But yeah, sure. We don't want players to annoy officials so that the official don't give them/our guys the benefit of a doubt.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad