GDT: [WJC] United States vs. Germany, 10PM EST 9/8/22

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I don’t think the US generated quality chances to match their talent level.

Quapp was solid and the Germans did well at preventing cross ice chances but the US should have had at least a couple goals where Quapp had no chance. The 1-0 and 2-0 goals were solid but stoppable goals but the 3,4,5 goals were all bad.

Putting up 50+ shots you should be getting a couple chances that even the Canadian or Swedish goalies wouldn’t stop.

It’s the first game though with basically nothing on the line so hard to take anything away from it. Just maybe something that could be a concern.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just got home filtering through the comments. How has Knies looked?
He's gonna be a player. Great release, strong around the net, soft hands, physical presence, and good (not elite) IQ. He really does have a lot of Auston Matthews in his game - the mechanics of his shot are even similar, and they go to alot of the same areas around the net.

He's obviously not as talented as Matthews, but he's got a lot more edge in his game. He projects as an Oshie / Tarasenko hybrid type of player. He easily goes top 10 in a redraft IMO.

A future line of Knies - Matthews - Marner is would contend for best line in hockey - Marner would score 80 points without even scoring a goal...

Reactions: Kelly

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don’t think the US generated quality chances to match their talent level.

Quapp was solid and the Germans did well at preventing cross ice chances but the US should have had at least a couple goals where Quapp had no chance. The 1-0 and 2-0 goals were solid but stoppable goals but the 3,4,5 goals were all bad.

Putting up 50+ shots you should be getting a couple chances that even the Canadian or Swedish goalies wouldn’t stop.

It’s the first game though with basically nothing on the line so hard to take anything away from it. Just maybe something that could be a concern.
Nothing concerning about the offense generated, the score flattered the Germans. Easily could have been 8 or 9-1 if USA kept pressing.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Its embarrassing that local pee wee hockey games have more fans in the stands than these games. Open it up free to the public or something - at least you would get some concession sales....

Reactions: bl02

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Its embarrassing that local pee wee hockey games have more fans in the stands than these games. Open it up free to the public or something - at least you would get some concession sales....
I was just assuming fans were not allowed... Otherwise yikes

SLOVAN

Dec 23, 2014
Slovakia
ROSSMY Bennet is avalaible to play vs austria after his high penalty vs usa???
25min penalty for Germany
#27 ROSSMY Bennet for Illegal Check to the Head or Neck (served by #23 HEIGL Thomas).

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I fell asleep. Riley Duran emerged last year at PC for the Bruins kind of unexpectedly. I didn't expect him to make this team either. How did he look in general for those who were able to keep their eyes open.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Thats an absolutely brutal rule in iihf that made that german hit a 5 min major. That's not even a penalty in real hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad