GDT: [WJC] United States vs. Germany, 10PM EST 9/8/22

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Pretty fired up for this. Different feeling this year for sure. But still electric

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Munzenberger looked decent in the couple games Germany played last year.

Expecting him to log huge minutes for Deutschland tonight.

Reactions: brentashton

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Munzenberger looked decent in the couple games Germany played last year.

Expecting him to log huge minutes for Deutschland tonight.
They have 4 d that can hang with the US and they will be under severe pressure. Goaltending is pretty good. Not sure where the offense is going to come from.

In this group however, two wins would not be out of the question.

Reactions: snipes

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
9E9177F4-EF2C-4428-82EF-300D92939AF9.gif

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They have 4 d that can hang with the US and they will be under severe pressure. Goaltending is pretty good. Not sure where the offense is going to come from.

In this group however, two wins would not be out of the question.
Germany will be curbstomped. Our "Real" games are against the Swiss and the Austrians.

Good to hear for Munzenberger, being an Oilers fan I’ll be watching him closely this game.

Germany should consistently be in the top group, really no reason for them not to be.

He, nor Luca Hauf will be dressing tonight.

What? Why not?

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Good to hear for Munzenberger, being an Oilers fan I’ll be watching him closely this game.

Germany should consistently be in the top group, really no reason for them not to be.

What? Why not?
just checked the lineups ....no Munzenberger... make that 3 d that can hang in this game.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

What? Why not?
Injury’s? I don’t know actually…
Hauf is a healthy scratch.

But as for Munzenberger - he was supposed to captain the team but he may have gotten injured. Unfortunate to see for sure.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Pretty late here for this one but if I manage to stay up for this one Bordeleau is the player of interest for me.

He seems to have a fairly strong rep around these parts and I know it was a senior mens tournament but that wasn't an overly talented or deep forward core on that U.S team he played with at the WHC and so he should have been able to show flashes even as a young player but I would describe his play in that WHC from the U.S games I saw as......warm body to fill a roster spot.

Let's see what he can show in this tournament.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
just checked the lineups ....no Munzenberger... make that 3 d that can hang in this game.
Injury’s? I don’t know actually…
Hauf is a healthy scratch.

But as for Munzenberger - he was supposed to captain the team but he may have gotten injured. Unfortunate to see for sure.

Brutal, I was really looking forward to watching him play.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Is dressing 3 goaltenders for the game an administrative error? Maybe thinking they will give each a period ...lol...

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Rooting for USA since I'm an American, of course.

Because I'm also a fan of hockey in general, it wouldn't exactly break my heart to see an upset. I like seeing the hockey community advance worldwide.

Let's have a good game!

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad