U18: WJC U18 - Grand Forks, North Dakota (14th - 24rd April)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Apparently Sweden has never won U18 gold. Finland won it twice around the year 1999. Can't remember the exact years.

So who ever wins is a breath of fresh air in U18.

Can someone tell me how many of eligible U18 players is Sweden missing from this tournament, like Finland's Laine and Juolevi?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Any talk in Canadian media or US why so little fans? I get that it is u18, I truly do, but there was like 50 fans in some games.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Any talk in Canadian media or US why so little fans? I get that it is u18, I truly do, but there was like 50 fans in some games.

I was surprised too, I really thought hockey was big in North Dakota. They should have held it in Canada instead of the USA, more fans would have came.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I was surprised too, I really thought hockey was big in North Dakota. They should have held it in Canada instead of the USA, more fans would have came.

Or in Helsinki Hartwall Arena would have been sold out in Finland's games. :D
Seems that local peoples in North Dakota don't like hockey.

Why they even held U18 WJC's in North Dakota when interest of the tournament was really low.
Even state of Hockey ( Minnesota) would have been better place

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Can someone who watched the games summarize how Kailer Yamamoto performed for Team USA ? I know he did well on the scoresheet but how did he do off of it ?

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

North Dakota is huge in territory, but also almost uninhabited. The plan was to have it in an American city that was on the border with Canada, assuming that all games would be sold out. But that is a very underpopulated area of Canada as well, and I guess the travel was too much to even entice Canadians.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Any highlights? Been away on vacation for a couple of days so missed the games. There's some vimeo site with highlights somewhere right?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Or in Helsinki Hartwall Arena would have been sold out in Finland's games. :D
Seems that local peoples in North Dakota don't like hockey.

Why they even held U18 WJC's in North Dakota when interest of the tournament was really low.
Even state of Hockey ( Minnesota) would have been better place

Supposedly USA Hockey will be looking to bring a future U18 WJC to their new home arena for the NTDP in Plymouth, Michigan. For the U17 Five Nations tournament this February, the Saturday night game between the US and Russia drew over 2,500 fans. Even the non-USA games, which were weak draws, looked like they had more fans than what I saw in this North Dakota tourney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad