WJC thread

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Goshdangit. U18 girls have been having a tourney on the side, are as we speak facing Russia in Bronze medal game.

Teuvo's sister Satu Teravainen, 17, is playing in the team. Obviously she wishes to be let play her own career instead of always bringing up his brother, so it's no suprise morons make an article of "NHL star's little sister" and other morons share it:

NHL-tähden pikkusiskoksi jatkuvasti tituleerattu Satu Teräväinen haluaa keskittyä omiin jääkiekkounelmiinsa ilman kysymyksiä Teuvo-veljestä

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
haha..............Lempo is always right!! ;)
Honka Honka Loving!!
Anttoni Honka is only 5' 9" 170 lbs.
Honka is a great skater who can make quick turns at high speed. His puck-skills are elite.
He makes great reads and is always looking for offense. Jokke Nevalainen

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Mediocre USA team is mediocre.
Yea, I'm not even remotely surprised we got "upset" by Finland...the team during the whole tournament looked terrible and I said after that CAN game we'd be lucky to even get to a medal game. We could score on the backs of some individual talent, but there was ZERO cohesion anywhere on that roster. There wasn't a single game that USA team actually looked good, it was a few moments of talent standing out in a sea of slop hockey and lacking real effort. And here I thought only Canada and Russia were the teams that like to goon it up, sounds like the USA joined the club at the end of that game

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Yea, I'm not even remotely surprised we got "upset" by Finland...the team during the whole tournament looked terrible and I said after that CAN game we'd be lucky to even get to a medal game. We could score on the backs of some individual talent, but there was ZERO cohesion anywhere on that roster. There wasn't a single game that USA team actually looked good, it was a few moments of talent standing out in a sea of slop hockey and lacking real effort. And here I thought only Canada and Russia were the teams that like to goon it up, sounds like the USA joined the club at the end of that game
Canada wins. USA will be lucky to medal this year, IMO.

Great minds think alike.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
1-0 Finns. I’m really interested in Tanus in this upcoming draft.

Whatever the outcome, just don’t go to a shootout.

Tanus would be a nice double-overage swing for someone in the mid-late rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina keeps trading down like they did last draft and swing on someone like Tanus or Joonas Oden with said collected picks.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
18coLWdD_bigger.jpg
Steven Ellis‏ @StevenEllisTHN 2h2 hours ago

And yet, Finland came out on top. That's Finnish hockey for you.
They don't need a group of star prospects: they're coached well and play as
a complete unit. And that's why Finland continues to be one of the greatest hockey
nations in the world.

#WorldJuniors

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Kristian Tanus, Finland
19 years old
5'8" / 172 cm
159 lbs / 72 kg
It seems the head coach was pleased with Tanus, and also sees a bright future ahead for him. “A smart player” is the term he used, and it defines Tanus really well as a player. Regardless of which term you like to use – hockey sense, hockey smarts, hockey IQ – Tanus has plenty of it. That’s the thing that separates him from most players.
The only question is if he can overcome his lack of size. And there’s also room for improvement in his skating. But I believe in him and would be willing to use a late pick on him in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft. One important thing to remember about Tanus is that with his late August birthday, he was very young for the 2018 draft. In fact, if he was born one month later, he would have been first-time draft-eligible this upcoming summer.
For fantasy hockey purposes, Tanus is a good late round gamble in deep points-only leagues. If he ever makes it to the NHL, his role will be producing points. But his value takes a hit in multi-cat leagues because he doesn’t provide peripheral stats like shots, hits or blocks. Most of his points will be assists, so that’s also something to keep in mind depending on your league settings.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Esa Tikkanen knows winning...........he's got 5 Stanley Cups.
Justus Annunen
Goalie -- shoots L
Born Mar 11 2000 -- Kempele, Finland
Height 6.03 -- Weight 200 [191 cm/91 kg]
Drafted by
Colorado Avalanche, Round 3 #64 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft

2019-2020KärpätLiiga131.26.947|
KärpätChampions HL21.50.935|
Finland U20WJC-2041.97.936|
Finland U20 (all)International-Jr3-.890
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

uTPDjhbO_bigger.jpg
Esa Tiki Tikkanen‏Verified account @TikiTalk10 3h3 hours ago

1f1eb-1f1ee.png
1f1eb-1f1ee.png
1f1eb-1f1ee.png
1f1eb-1f1ee.png

Justus Annunen what a game!

#WorldJuniors

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I know Kochetkov is viewed as a potential big-time starter and everyone is excited by Rees. Still, I wonder if passing on Fagemo will eventually look bad. His shot is as good as any at the WJC.

Reactions: zman77

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Sweden loses to Russia. Poor goaltending performance. Almost comical that they’re not at 52 straight round robin wins yet only have one gold medal in that time.

Also, Kazakhstan beat Germany. I did not see that coming.

Reactions: DaveG and zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad