GDT: WJC: Sweden Vs USA | 29th December @ 7:30PM MT

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Are the tests PCR tests? Because those are basically useless

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), laboratory-based tests, such as PCR, have a “generally high” test sensitivity.

“PCR tests are considered the most accurate available,” Dr. Martinello says. “But because these tests are highly sensitive and specific, there is still a risk for a false positive.”
Which COVID-19 Test Should You Use?

I'm sure you have a very strong medical background, but I'll probably stick to the advice from published medical professionals.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They should just isolate the positive tests and let the rest of the guys play. Anything else is overly-burdensome and you may as well just cancel the whole thing at that point. We're gonna have a gold medal game get forfeited because 1/50 players or coaches tests positive without symptoms? Would be worse than just not having it.

Reactions: hak and 03282022

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There is no relegation this year.
So they're going to 12 next year? Interesting... since there already aren't even 10 competitive teams as is. Realistically for competitive reasons they should limit it to 8 and a true round-robin + gold medal + bronze medal match and last place gets relegated. Would mean 8 games instead of the typical 7 ( 7+1, instead of 4+3) so I guess you kick it out a couple extra days, but that would be the best format for competitive games and having every game matter instead of preliminary round games that are meaningless.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Is this not clear yet? It has nothing to do with goalies. If one player is positive a team has to quartentine for 48 hours.
What function is this supposed to serve? Seems like completely arbitrary safety theater. The incubation period is longer than 48 hours.

If the game goes forward tonight then it's even more absurd.

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
What function is this supposed to serve? Seems like completely arbitrary safety theater. The incubation period is longer than 48 hours.

If the game goes forward tonight then it's even more absurd.
Exactly, thats why the US team might infect sweden today

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Leo Lööf has been suspended. That is a bit of a blow. Olsson and Forsfjäll need to play more now. Wouldn’t be a problem if Wallinder was selected. Of course, this will be irrelevant if the game is called off.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Leo Lööf has been suspended. That is a bit of a blow. Olsson and Forsfjäll need to play more now. Wouldn’t be a problem if Wallinder was selected. Of course, this will be irrelevant if the game is called off.

Does the suspension count against a forfeited game?

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
I hope it's not Commesso!

I have no inside information, but I read an article on The Athletic yesterday morning that twice mentioned Commesso was given his own room as a specific protection. It seems a decent guess to me that it would be another goalie and his roommate - but maybe that’s just hopeful...

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
All nations hockey federations agreed to the rules prior to the tournament.
Sucks for the US but it could have happened (or still can) to other teams too.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lööf has been playing(and pacing) around 13 minutes per game. So... Eh?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
So no game tonight or yes game tonight?

Need to know whether I should go to bed early and set my alarm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad