GDT: [WJC] Sweden vs. Switzerland, 2pm EST 10/8/22

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If the Swiss lose this game, there is definitely going to be a feeling that they let this game slip away with the amount of PP opportunities they have had.
Not really. It'd still be a miracle even if penalties are 10-0. But Sweden's doing their best trying to lose.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Swedes just look unorganized and apathetic, and taking foolish penalties. I missed most of the first, but they've had precisely one sequence of sustained zone time since I've been watching.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I respect your views on the Swiss Teams.

Do you think the Commitment to Team Defence has stifled the creativity & healthy selfishness required to develop snipers?

Yes, coaches U17 and up are usually more concerned in winning a title in our junior league than in developing their players. So they force them to play in defensive systems rather than let them develop their creativity. Besides that we also just plain lack good enough junior coaches in general, especially when it commes to shooting technique.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Shot off the crossbar for the Swiss and minutes later a bouncing puck gets smacked in for the Swedes.

1-0 Tre Kronor

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad