GDT: [WJC] Sweden vs. Switzerland, 2pm EST 10/8/22

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lineups -

The Delémont injury is unfortunate. Since the idiot coaches didn't want Meier or Bichsel on the roster, Delémont would have been important. So at the end of the day we played without our three best defenders.

Also, why you'd hold back Marchon of all people and sit Garessus but play friggen Ritzmann for over 18mins? I missed the game but it's probably a good thing I did. Bayer and co truly never disappoint in terms of comedy:laugh:

How on earth did they only lose by 1?

Kopitar11

Oct 16, 2016
Sweden
Lets just face it. The swiss already is a dangerous team but i believe there will be even bigger in the future.
NLA is probably at the same level as Liiga, might even be better.
Swiss are rich as hell, they can pay their players good money.
Very fun to see that it is Swiss that is a country that it going to be one of the top 6 in fhe future.
I'm glad that even if they are rich they dont invite players from oter countries to play for them.
Some countries in oter spors does this, talents has been comming out that done well for them lately.

NLA is a great league, not as good a SHL but a little bit better then liiga is what i think then it doesnt have to be correct.
The line Allenbasch-Farhni-Knas has all done pretty well in the swiss hockeyleague this year.
As a flyer-fan i hope Brian Zaentti does a great tournament. Should play in PP.
Swiss is no joke at all, they are tough to play again.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Team Sweden seemed sleepy for the first half of the game yesterday, and the undisciplined penalties were a strong indication of that.

Is Tomas Monten really the guy to lead these kids? I've had my doubts for a couple of years now when watching the WJC in recent years. It just feels like the Swedish teams are not playing as the sum total of their parts.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Team Sweden seemed sleepy for the first half of the game yesterday, and the undisciplined penalties were a strong indication of that.

Is Tomas Monten really the guy to lead these kids? I've had my doubts for a couple of years now when watching the WJC in recent years. It just feels like the Swedish teams are not playing as the sum total of their parts.
Hävelid was supposed to take over after this winter. SIF for some reason brought Montén back for this. So thankfully he's gone after this.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Hävelid was supposed to take over after this winter. SIF for some reason brought Montén back for this. So thankfully he's gone after this.

Please tell me that Monten is not going to replace Garpenlov.

I'm not Swedish but have tried to watch the national teams a lot more in recent years due to so many Wings prospects, but it just seems to have a very rigid system in terms of on-ice play and team construction.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Please tell me that Monten is not going to replace Garpenlov.

I'm not Swedish but have tried to watch the national teams a lot more in recent years due to so many Wings prospects, but it just seems to have a very rigid system in terms of on-ice play and team construction.
Sam Hallam has taken over after Garpen. 42yo, coached Växjö the last 10 years(3 SHL titles, 2 Coach of the Year awards).

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Sam Hallam has taken over after Garpen. 42yo, coached Växjö the last 10 years(3 SHL titles, 2 Coach of the Year awards).

I'm glad to hear that. It just feels like the Swedish National teams need a refresh to get back in the discussion as one of the big 4 that's expected to be in a medal round every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00