Player Discussion: WJC Squad 2013-14?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Should be a stronger team than this year if everyone is available. The 94 group has some high end players but also really nice depth which is great because the 95's do not look as good. Also, lots of returning players and a couple of great 96-born guys. Sebastian Aho is my darkhorse for this team, boy can he move the puck well.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not gonna count on Forsberg, Collberg and Hampus being there, but I hope.

Sandberg-Lindholm-Forsberg
Nylander-Wennberg-Collberg
de la Rose-Wallmark-Burakovsky
Possler-Rydahl-Sörensen
Zaar, Norlöv, Crus Rydberg

Lindholm-Arnesson
Byström-Hägg
Djoos-C.Andersson
R.Andersson, Westlund

Dansk
Högberg
Siönäs

Hard to predict where Westlund, Cederholm, Krupic, Hansson, and Andersson junior stand at this point next year.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
The only player not making it due to NHL duties would be Hampus Lindholm IMO. We are VERY deep at forwards this year. Left out are players like Andreas Johnson, Erik Karlsson, Rydahl, Brodecki, Hedberg, Kalin to name a few. Defense looks like a weakness this year too. Hägg should be the go-to-guy with Lindholm in the NHL. The other defenders are good but nothing special, other than possibly late 96-born Rasmus Andersson who's doing very well in SEL-2 already now.
Goalies should be better this year though. With Dansk as #1 and Högberg as #2 Sweden have very very solid goaltending. I guess they will bring the best 95-born keeper as #3 to gain some experience.

Overall, a slightly better team than this year IMO.

Forsberg - Lindholm - De La Rose

Wennberg - Nylander - Collberg

Burakovsky - Crus-Rydberg/Wallmark - Sörensen

Possler - Sandberg - Sundqvist/Zaar/Strömwall/Lindblom

Hägg - C. Andersson

Byström - R. Anderson

Arnesson - J. Bergman

Djoos

In the mix:
Cederholm
Krupic
J. Pettersson
W. Westlund

Dansk
Högberg

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
The only player not making it due to NHL duties would be Hampus Lindholm IMO. We are VERY deep at forwards this year. Left out are players like Andreas Johnson, Erik Karlsson, Rydahl, Brodecki, Hedberg, Kalin to name a few. Defense looks like a weakness this year too. Hägg should be the go-to-guy with Lindholm in the NHL. The other defenders are good but nothing special, other than possibly late 96-born Rasmus Andersson who's doing very well in SEL-2 already now.
Goalies should be better this year though. With Dansk as #1 and Högberg as #2 Sweden have very very solid goaltending. I guess they will bring the best 95-born keeper as #3 to gain some experience.

Overall, a slightly better team than this year IMO.

Forsberg - Lindholm - De La Rose

Wennberg - Nylander - Collberg

Burakovsky - Crus-Rydberg/Wallmark - Sörensen

Possler - Sandberg - Sundqvist/Zaar/Strömwall/Lindblom

Hägg - C. Andersson

Byström - R. Anderson

Arnesson - J. Bergman

Djoos

In the mix:
Cederholm
Krupic
J. Pettersson
W. Westlund

Dansk
Högberg

I actually think our defense might be great next year, there is a number of d-men just starting to earn regular spots in SEL right now, give them another year to develop and things might look really good. There is a number of guys that can break out with one more year of experience.

I think our D will look much stronger on paper than the group we have this year. How they actually play in the tournament is another thing.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The 95 D's are really good imo, most of them just haven't had a real crack at pro hockey yet. Lindholm, Arnesson, Byström, C.Andersson and Djoos is a good start with the 94s.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Some players that might make it:

Collberg - Lindholm - Forsberg
Wennberg - Nylander - Burakovsky
Zaar - de la Rose - Sandberg
Karlsson - Kalin - Sörensen
Possler - Lindblom (96) (top scorer in WHC-17)

Lindholm
Hägg
Djoos

Byström
Arnesson
Pettersson LHC
Andersson FBK
Andersson MIF (96)

Dansk/Högberg

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Calle Andersson
Rasmus Andersson
Ludwig Byström
Christian Djoos
Robert Hägg
Linus Arnesson
Jesper Pettersson
Simon Fernholm
Wilhelm Westlund
Anton Cederholm
Robin Press
Amil Krupic
Niklas Hansson
Hampus Lindholm

I'm sure we will be able to find 8 good defencemen from that group next year. Most of these guys already have a spot on their senior club and could have breakout seasons next year. There's always a few guys coming out of nowhere too.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Here is the Team 19 selection:

1 GK Högberg Marcus Linköpings HC
30 GK Siönäs Ebbe AIK

2 D Lindholm Anton Skellefteå AIK
3 D Hansson Niklas Rögle BK
4 D Djoos Christian Brynäs IF
5 D Lundberg Arvid Skellefteå AIK
6 D Andersson Calle Färjestads BK
8 D Arnesson Linus Djurgårdens IF
28 D Byström Ludwig MODO Hockey

9 F Ljunggren Daniel Brynäs IF
10 F Johnson Andreas Frölunda HC
11 F Gunnarsson David MODO Hockey
12 F Nilsson Ludvig Timrå IK
13 F Törnkvist Tobias Rögle BK
14 F Kalin Mattias Djurgårdens IF
15 F Olofsson Johan Färjestads
20 F Possler Gustav MODO Hockey L
21 F Frödén Jesper Södertälje SK
22 F Zaar Daniel Rögle BK
23 F Karlsson Erik Frölunda HC
25 F Sundqvist Oskar Skellefteå AIK
27 F Sandberg Filip HV 71

Niklas Hansson and Ebbe Siönäs are -95s

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like a bit of a try-out roster except for some obvious names. The offense looks hard to play against at first glance.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
imo the 95 guys should play the U18 tournament in Jönköping instead, where is Rydahl, Fernholm??

Rydahl had some minor injuries last couple of weeks, but played with the J20 team this weekend. Don't know it that have something to do with him missing but he should be first in line among Frölunda players to join the national team. Personally would've wanted him over Boyce at the WJC.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Djoos and Törnqvist out, Rosén and Rydahl in.

IMO, Brynäs wants to rest their young guys, who also have big roles with them. Järnkrok with the big team, Lindholm and Djoos here. Both Järnkrok's and Djoos' "injuries" are undisclosed ones. Probably just fatigue.

Last edited:

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Greetings instead creating new thread I thought I would post in this one. Some friends and I are planning on going to Sweden for world JRs this year and I was wondering about using my time as well to check out Sweden. I was wondering about ideas where to visit places to see. Also I am very interested in going to SEL game or games while visiting.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Greetings instead creating new thread I thought I would post in this one. Some friends and I are planning on going to Sweden for world JRs this year and I was wondering about using my time as well to check out Sweden. I was wondering about ideas where to visit places to see. Also I am very interested in going to SEL game or games while visiting.

Hey, I think this is the thread you're looking for: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1312339 :)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lindholm - Nylander - Forsberg

Burakovsky - Wennberg - Collberg

Possler - Wallmark - Johnson

Sörensen - De la Rose - Sandberg

Hägg - Lindholm

R.Andersson - Arnesson

Pettersson - Kylington

Dansk