GDT: WJC: Russia Vs Switzerland | Dec 27th | 4:30 PM

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Austria had a great goalie, Pache isn't doing well for Suisse

We don't have a goalie even close from Wraneschitz' quality:laugh:
The only goalie we knew would be somewhat reliable is out due to injury. So we could change goalies now but Henauer who's sitting on the bench is our 3rd goalie. He's just on the roster because Patenaude, the expected starter, is injured. Not sure why the other goalie, Galley, isn't dressed. I just hope he doesn't have covid or is injured because like I said, Henauer probably isn't better than Pasche.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Swiss goalie represents Swiss cheese more than Swiss hockey tonight

With Patenaude it would most likely be 1-1 but it is what it is. He's gone and with the other 3 goalies it was always gonna be difficult.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Pasche does not look aware right now. The Swiss might think about switching up netminders.

Again, the guy sitting on the bench is only on the roster because our nr.1 is injured. Not sure if a goalie change would help much:laugh:

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Utter shambles at the back. No idea what to do most of the time. Coaching staff need to be replaced with proper coaches who know youth hockey and have qualifications to do so.

Reactions: c9gunner

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I can only guess but it's weird that Henauer initially was the 4th goalie who was gonna get cut then suddenly he's backing up in game 1. Galley, expected to be at least nr.3 but probably nr.2 is not dressed even with Patenaude injured. He was also among the players added later so my guess is that he's probably not available or he'd have been at least on the bench. Sad story because I wouldn't trust Henauer much more than Pasche.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Utter shambles at the back. No idea what to do most of the time. Coaching staff need to be replaced with proper coaches who know youth hockey and have qualifications to do so.

Filatov is there. He's fantastic with youth. But for some reason he's relegated to bench coach. Titov is working with the defense. lol.
What a shitshow.:laugh:

Reactions: BMann

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I dont know much about either goalie but id still put in Henauer for the second peroid. Can't get much worse than it is right now.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I dont know much about either goalie but id still put in Henauer for the second peroid. Can't get much worse than it is right now.

I'd do that as well but I also wouldn't expect the move to improve the situation by much:laugh:

We were always gonna be doomed without Patenaude. That's the first thing I wrote on hfboards once it was clear that there's a covid case. I wrote that if it's Patenaude we might as well go home already:D

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looked like a crosscheck off the draw..

Edit - never mind. He was channeling some inner Marchand.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Filatov is there. He's fantastic with youth. But for some reason he's relegated to bench coach. Titov is working with the defense. lol.
What a shitshow.:laugh:

Gherman Titov (rest his soul) would be a better coach. There is no way with this defence and netminding this team makes it past the quarters. Not even the ubermensch Michkov can save this team. All the stupid politicking inside the RHF year to year does no one any favours.

Once again nearly conceding on the rush and the defenceman failing to clear accurately and no idea what to do when they cross the blue line either. Their postioning Kirsanov for example is all over the place.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Has Henry won a faceoff yet? We're giving away lots of free possession thanks to our idiot coaches:laugh::laugh::laugh:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gherman Titov (rest his soul) would be a better coach. There is no way with this defence and netminding this team makes it past the quarters. Not even the ubermensch Michkov can save this team. All the stupid politicking inside the RHF year to year does no one any favours.

Once again nearly conceding on the rush and the defenceman failing to clear accurately and no idea what to do when they cross the blue line either. Their postioning Kirsanov for example is all over the place.

the cosmonaut?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad